Psycho Bitch

Troy's POV

It's been a day and neither one of us knows where that library is. We spent the day rummaging through the store. We got everything that can fit on our backpack and started walking at the street. Aimlessly searching for the library. The town is surprisingly quiet and no sign of the dead around. Weird. Just days ago we were being attacked by them back at the hotel and now none of them are in sight. Something's really wrong.

"Notice anything?" I asked Mason.

"Um, no" Mason said. "Except that none of the undead showed up to eat us both."

"Something is really wrong" I said.

"True" he agreed. "Look out!"

He saw a truck coming in our direction he removed a piece of wood that locks the door of a store. He grabbed it and we snuck in it to hide.

"What if that's Axel and the rest?" I asked.

"You think Axel has a truck?" He said sarcastically.

"Psh! You never know" I said. "Axel can do anything."

"Awww, talking about your baby huh?" He teased.

"We are not together" I stated. "What we did was wrong."

"Oookay" he said with a smirk.

I peeked through a small hole and I saw the truck stop in front of us. This store is really something. It smells so horrible! Then when the both of us went quiet, that's when we heard the grunts of the undead.

"Uhh...Troy..." He said with fear in his voice looking behind me.

I looked behind me and I saw a few undead walking towards us. They are about 20 and they started walking towards us. I peeked back at the hole and saw the truck still parked a few blocks away.

"What do we do?" Mason asked.

"We have to get out" I said.

"What about those people outside?" He asked. "What if they are dangerous?"

"There is an alley just after this store" I informed him. "We can walk silently towards that alley and wait for them to go away."

He nodded and I slowly opened the door as Mason guards me from behind stabbing a few zombies who are nearby. I saw a group of people putting a ramp at the back of the truck. When they opened it, I saw a group of zombies being led out of it and a tall guy opened the store that we previously came from and they led the zombies in the store, trapping them inside.

"What the hell are they doing?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Hurry up, I can't hold them off any longer!" He said stabbing the undead.

I gently stepped out and held Mason's arm and we ran towards the alley and I screamed in shock as I saw a lady wielding an axe waiting at the alley.

"You better shut your mouth if you want to stay alive" she said putting her axe on her shoulder looking at her nails.

"And who are you supposed to be?" I asked.

"Does it even matter?" She said bitterly.

"Fair enough" I said.

"What are you two doing here anyways?" She asked.

"Just walking by" I answered.

"Do I look like I'm going to believe that bullshit?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"I don't expect you to" I said as I peeked back at the truck which is already leaving.

"You were hiding from those bastards?" She asked.