Lose You

Ace's POV

"Are you sure that it's this way?" I asked Mason.

"Yeah, Lacy gave me the directions" he answered.

After a few more walks, we were able to see the remains of the camp. We entered a hole on the wall and we saw that it was indeed overrun by the infected. Axel's plan worked. We checked every room as quiet as possible. When we were about to check the last cabin, we heard scratching sounds from the inside.

"Let's not open it" Mason said but I did the opposite.

I opened the door and an infected walked out of it. He immediately shot it down and grabbed my hand to leave.

"Your dad's not here" he said as he dragged me away.

On our way back, an infected was scratching the window of our car and when it looked in our direction...

"Dad?" was all I was able to say.

I was too late. He was truly dead. I can't believe that the only person I cared for in my whole life is gone.

"Ace, you have to kill him" Mason said from behind me.

I was too stunned to move. I don't know what to do. I know I can't kill him.

"Ace, you can do this" Mason said.

"No, I...I can't" I stuttered.

"Ace, it will be better if you do it yourself" he said.

My dad was still approaching me and I still don't know what I'm supposed to do. I know I really can't do it. It was not until he was too near for comfort, when Mason did the honor. He stabbed my dad in the head and his body dropped quickly on the ground.

"Thanks" I said as my tears started to drop.

"We have to leave" he said and he guided me towards the car.

Axel's POV

"We're here" Tom said as we reached a small grocery store. "Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, this one has no mark in our map so it means we haven't checked it yet" I answered.

"Let's just check it out, okay?" Shauna said as she stepped out of the car first.

"Gotta listen to the lady" I said and I went down and Tom  and Mr. Anderson followed.

When we approached the glass door, I knocked on the glass to check if there are some infected inside. It turns out there were a lot but we were able to kill them all. We explored the store and after two hours, the car's trunk was full with all the food we managed to get.

"Well, this is nice" I said. "Enough to help us survive for two to three weeks more."

"Let's go back" Mr. Anderson said.

"Yeah? No" a man behind us said. "You're not going anywhere with OUR food."

"It's not yours so shut up" Shauna calmly said but you can sense the threat in her voice.

"I wouldn't say that as you're all completely surrounded by my men" he said.

I looked around me to check and now I noticed men in camo clothes lying on the ground pointing their guns at us. We were truly surrounded.

"We were the one who got them so it's now ours" Shauna stated. "Get your own."

"What if I told you that I own this store?" The man said.