Never Go Away

Axel's POV

"We have to free Tom and the others from that man" I said as I paced back and forth in the living room.

"Then, what do you have in mind then?" Ace asked.

"We use the infected to bring them down" I said. "We should bring a big herd to the camp and we will lure them towards it and they'll serve as a distraction for Tom and the others to escape and on the exits, we'll be waiting there to pick them up."

"Sounds difficult but we can manage" Ace said. "So, who's coming?"

"I need you, Shauna, Troy, Camila and Mason" I said. "We need two cars. Ace, Shauna and I on the first and Camila, Troy and Mason on the other."

As we prepared for our departure, Clara approached me with a worried look.

"You're going out?" She said, worried.

"Yeah, I have a few friends who needs saving" I said while ruffling her hair.

"Come back safe okay?" She said with a teary eyes.

"Hey, dont cry" I said as I carried her on my arms. "I'll come back safe, don't worry. We'll be alright."

"Good" she said as she wiped her tears. "I don't want you to be gone too."

"Aww, I'll never go away, Clara" I said as I put her down. "I'll just finish packing my things okay?"

"Okay" she said as she walked out of the room.

"That kid got really attached to you" Camila said. "I miss my younger sister because of her. That's why every young girl that we encounter, I always treat them as a younger sister and I do what an older sister would do."

"Don't worry, you'll see her again" I said as I zipped my bag. "You done?"

"Yeah, you can go first" she said and I exited the room.

After a few minutes we were all ready to go. We said our goodbyes and we went inside our car and started driving. When we were a bit far from the farm house, I signaled the other car. On the count of three, the cars' speakers blared. We played loud music to get the attention of every infected that we will come across as we slowly drove to the camp. When we were quite near, I looked back at the crowd that we were able to make and let's just say, they are more than expected. As we approached the camp, I signaled the other car to turn the music off. Now, all you can hear is the grunting and the moaning sounds these infected release. I switched places with Shauna and went out of the door. I used myself as bait while Shauna and Troy drove towards the exit, just as planned. When I'm near, I ran away as those men in black leather vests started shooting the undead which made my job easier. While they were busy, I ran towards our car and entered the small exit to get inside the camp. By now, the wall was already down and the infected are flowing in. When I got through the exit, I ran to find the others and it wasn't long until I found them making their way towards the exit. I waved at them and shock became evident on their faces as they quickly made their way to me. A lost infected just right behind them can be dangerous though so I signaled them to go faster. I grabbed an arrow from my back and shot that infected in the head to prevent it from doing harm. It was not long until the place is completely overrun. The fighters surrendered amd stayed inside of their cabins waiting for the infected to dissipate. The infected are now gathering near us and they are still a few feet away. I fired at those infected that was too near the group and I had to protect myself multiple times from those stray infected. After what seems a decade, we are now all reunited as they approached me. I kind of ran towards Tom and I kissed him deeply before we went through the exit. Tom, Lacy, Justin, Courtney, and a guy, according to Tom is named Rome. We went in the car and waited for the other three to go through the exit. After a few minutes, Ryuki and a younger girl emerged carrying a wounded survivor. As they went close, I realized that it was James who was wounded up. I looked at Tom for explanation but he just mouthed "I'll explain later." They entered the other car and when we were about to leave, Sky emerged from the exit and was having a hard time to pull herself out of the hole. Camila immediately went out the car to help her and it seems that the infected grabbed a hold of her, preventing her from getting out. Not until she screamed in pain that we knew that her chances are all gone. Camila didn't stop and soon the wall from our side fell down and was destroyed as the zombies flowed out. Camila was stuck there in shock and when she regained her composure, an infected grabbed her and I immediately shot it's head. Then another, and another, another until she was also bitten while trapped there.

"Shauna, let's go" I sadly said.

Without any questions, Shauna stepped on the gas pedal and we drove away from the camp. After a few hours, we reached the farm house. We all stepped out and entered the house.

"You're back!" Clara ran towards me.

I carried her on my arms and hugged her tight.

"I told you I'll return safely" I said while pinching her cheeks.

"Who are they?" She asked.

"Uhm...that is Courtney, Justin, Ryuki, Rome, Shirley" I said as I pointed each one of them. "That guy over there is James and this guy beside me is my boyfriend, Tom."

"Awww, you have a boyfriend?" Clara sadly said. "I thought I could be your girlfriend when I grow up."

"Oh, you'll always be my baby don't worry" I said while smiling.

"You're here!" Ivy greeted us. "Where's Camila?"

"Yeah, uhm...she got bit" I answered.

There was silence in the room and it was Ace who broke it.

"You have a long story to tell" Ace said to Tom.

"Come on, let them rest first" I said. "They've experienced a lot today."

Ace nodded and the rest went back to their room. I brought Tom to our room and he unpacked his things.

"I missed you" I said as I hugged him from behind.

"Me too" he said as he turned around now facing me. "Thank God James forced you to leave that day."

"Yeah, I thought that he died after I saw a dead body after the explosion" I said.

He immediately attacked my lips with his and we hungrily kissed each other.

"I missed those lips" he said and he continued kissing me.

He removed his shirt and mine as well. Our lips locked together and he was having a hard time removing my pants. Our hands roamed on each other's body. He pushed me down the bed and pulled my pants. Let's just say we won't be sleeping tonight.