No

Axel's POV

"Can't we fix it?" I asked Tom.

We are currently examining the car we previously used to get here. It has been covered in mud and I, myself, know that it was hopeless but it's worth a try isn't it?

"We can't" he answered.

"How do we leave now?" Shauna spoke beside me.

"Well, if Bryan was okay then we could walk since we're already half way there but that's not the case" Tom answered.

"Are we seriously bringing Bryan with us?" Shauna asked. "No offense but he's just dead weight for all of us."

"I know, you have a point" I said. "But Claire, we can't do this to a child. Leaving his brother to die?"

"If you're gonna leave him then I'll stay with him" Ivy said as she walked towards us.

"There's no need for-" Tom was cut off when she spoke once again.

"I know what you're planning and I understand" she said. "That's why I'm staying here."

"I don't know if I'll call this sweet or just plain stupid" Shauna sarcastically said.

"You think like that because you never had anyone to take care of so don't talk to me like that" Ivy calmly said but you can sense the anger in her.

"Oh girl, you don't know me" she retorted.

"Okay stop" I said. "If that's what you really want, Ivy, then...we..."

"You're leaving my brother?" Claire innocently asked. "But I thought..."

"Claire..."

"No! You said we're not leaving him! You promised me!" She screamed. "You're a liar! I hate you!"

She ran towards the building but suddenly an undead stuck on the mud from the ground grabbed her on the leg.

"No!" I shouted and ran towards her.

"AHHHHH!!" She screamed in pain as the undead bites her on the leg. Tearing the skin apart.

"No! No!" As I reached her, she was already on the ground, bitten by the undead.

I dropped on my knees as I pierced both their heads with my knife. A tear dropped from my eye.

"Now, we can leave" Shauna said.

"Can you shut up even just for once?" Ivy angrily said. "Claire just died in front of our eyes and we did nothing!"

"Oh, she was dragging us down anyway" she retaliated.

"Gosh! That was a fucking kid!" Ivy screamed at her. "Don't you remember that they let us stay on their house when we needed it and now you're acting like some ungrateful bitch!"

"Well, it was my opinion, dumbo so calm your tits!" Shauna shouted back.

"Stop bickering will you?!" I shouted. "We just lost her and I don't need you arguing on what to do."

"So what's the plan?" Tom carefully asked.

"We leave." I said. "We have to go now. Ivy, are you sure you want to stay?"

"Yes" she answered.

"Okay. We have to leave now" I quietly said as I left Claire's body on the ground.

"Aren't we going to bury her" Tom asked me.

"Bury her if you want. I can't do it" I coldly answered.

I trudged through the house and up to the room. I...I don't actually know what to feel. I...it's all my fault. She died...because of me. I...I didn't mean to but...I know it's my fault. Please don't leave my brother...he's the only one I have. Her voice rang in my ears, and I can't stop it. It makes me feel so guilty about that discussion that shouldn't have had happened.

"You okay?" Toma asked as he went in the room.

"Yeah...I'm...I'm fine" I barely even had energy to complete my sentence.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" He asked as he sat down the bed beside me. "It was not your fault."

"It...it was" I said. "If that discussion of ours never started then she wouldn't have heard it."

"Maybe it was just her time to go" Tom said, patting my back. "Listen, we need to move on. What's done is done. We can't do anything except move on. We can't be stuck there forever."

"Yeah, maybe you're right"

"Remember...in this world. This world we're living in" he began. "It only takes time before you get used to losing people around you. It just...it just numbs you overall. I don't know if it makes sense but when somebody dies...I just don't feel anything anymore. You can say I'm immune to it but it's just so...common that I don't even feel like grieving."

"If...if I die...would you be sad?" I asked.

"To answer you honestly...no." And his anwer just made everything in me, completely crushed.

"Oh..."

"Guys, everyone's ready" Shirley interrupted.

"Ok, I'll go now" Tom excused himself and left us both in the room.

"Thanks for that" I said.

"Yeah, I heard your conversation. Let's just say, I thought you needed a breather" she answered.

"Yeah, I didn't expect his answer to be like that. I guess he was too honest" I said with a fake smile.

"Yeah, that was a bad move to do" she said crossing her arms in front of her chest. "How'd you even get together?"

"Long story" I answered. "Let's just say that everything happened quickly. I guess the thought of being in an apocalypse made all your doubts go away."

"True. I guess, there's no time to waste seeing that anybody can die anytime." She said.

"Exactly" I answered and laughed. "I guess I kind of rushed things with him."

"But...are you happy with him?" She asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I am" I answered.

"Good." She said with a smile. "Come on, it's time to leave."

I stood up from the bed and left the room after I made sure that we brought everything that we needed. When I got out, everyone was prepared and ready to go.

"Hey, your bow and arrows" Ryuki handed me my weapons. "I made some more arrows there and I sharpened the rest."

"Thanks" I answered.

"Welcome" he smiled.

"Ehem, ehem. Let's go?" Tom interrupted.

"Ivy? Are you sure about staying here?" I faced her.

"Yeah, I'll take care of Bryan as long as he's alive" she sadly smiled. "Have a safe trip and be careful."

"Okay" I said and the rest of us walked out of the apartment.