four

there for me

noe's point of view

"all the people that are here worried about the plane crash patients please go to the second floor where they will be stationed." yelled a nurse as a bunch of people piled up in the room. i got a hold of tom's hand so i wouldn't get separated from him. we went upstairs and sat down. tom brought me some coffee and sat down next to me.

"how are you holding up?" asked tom. i gulped down the coffee in seconds and looked at tom.

"i should've told them to take the flight later on the day. i mean they wanted to but i said it's better earlier. i'm so stupid!" i started crying and tom hugged me tight.

"you didn't know. this wasn't your fault." tom reassured me. he released and i stood up. i went to a nurse.

"have the plane crash patients come in yet?" she walked to her desk and got a list out.

"here is the list of survivors. or of the people we have found." she said loud enough for everyone to hear. they all gathered around tom and i because we are holding the paper. i looked for the name joe harlow and melanie harlow.

i ran my finger down the list and found my dads. i went further down and found my moms. i handed the list to someone else and went to go sit back down. the amount of worry that just got off my chest was unimaginable.

****

"we've been here for a while. you can go back home." i told him as i saw his eyes close.

"no no. i'll keep you company."

we have been waiting to enter my parents room. they got put in one room because the others have been filled.

"let's get your mind off all this." said tom as he got closer to me.

"i don't know much about my assistant and i think i should." i nodded and smiled.

"what do you want to know?" i asked.

"your life story. everything. i'll tell you mine after." i smiled and nodded.

"well i was born on march 2 1998. i was born in orlando, florida. i have two younger sisters. mikayla is the youngest, she's in 7th grade and maddie is in 11th grade. my parents always were harder on me so i would be a good example on my younger sister. i used to do basketball but stopped because of a really bad ankle injury. when i was younger i wanted to be a general surgeon."  i stopped talking when i saw a nurse coming up to us. i stood up and soon did tom.

"mister and misses harlow's daughter? noe is it?" i walked up to her and she told me to follow her. i walked into my dads room and by the looks of it, he wasn't doing well.

"your father is in a coma. we expect him to wake up within the week but usually comas are unpredictable." i nodded and went to kiss my fathers hand. the nurse then took us to my mom who was next to my father but with curtains separating them.

"your mother is also in a coma. her injuries were much more serious than your fathers. with her injuries we expect her to wake up within this month or even sometime next year." i started sobbing and looked at the nurse.