twenty

goodbye?

tom's pov

"tom why are you so sad today?"

"because you're leaving me."

"you're coming with me later on arent you?"

i hate lying to her. but sometimes there isnt much i can do. i cant have her change her mind for me.

this is better. for her safety.

even if it means not being with her. ever.

"i have to meet with my manager real quick in 5 minutes. when i get done, do you want to go to the beach?" i changed the subject.

"we havent gone to the beach since i first became your assistant a year ago. maybe going isnt such a good idea." she said.

"why not?"

"because it'd be like a goodbye. me getting on that plane tonight isnt goodbye forever."

id like it to be.

"okay what do you want to do then?"

she didnt talk which let me know she was thinking about it.

"okay fine lets go to the beach. but we have to be back here before 8. my plane leaves at 9:30 and i need time to get my shit together."

****

i arrived at my managers office. dylan was still tied to the chair.

"we are letting you go once noe leaves the state."

"my noe? shes leaving? and not even saying bye to me?" dylan smirked.

"ill find her." he continued.

"no you wont. you will stay here. you dont have a reason to follow her."

"arent you going with her?" i shook my head.

"shes leaving on her own. im breaking up with her as she lands to the place shes moving to." dylan looked surprised.

"so youre staying and shes leaving? thats enough for me to stop following her. how do i know you arent lying?" i have no clue onto why he doesnt believe me.

"to prove that im allowing you to follow me for a month. if i were to secretly meet up with noe itd be within two weeks of her being gone." he nodded and smiled.

"can i at least say bye to her."

"no."

"can i wave at her."

"no."

"can i at least know where shes going?"

"absolutely not. we are done here. your obsession with noe ends now."

****

i opened my apartment door to the smell of pancakes.

i looked over to the kitchen.

i spotted noe there humming and cooking. i quietly walked behind her. i hugged her from the back and rested my head on her shoulder.

"its 2 in the afternoon why are you making pancakes?" i asked her. she scoffed and turned around to face me.

"its your favorite breakfast and you wont be able to taste noe style pancakes for a while."

she was right.

all this goodbye shit is messing with my feelings.

i savored her pancakes as she went to get ready to be able to go to the beach.