(10)

CHERYL POV:

I'm sitting the dining room with Nana when I get a call from Sweat Pea. "What do you want?" I ask him as I leave the table. He sounded out of breath. "It's Toni... She's... hospital... she got stabbed..." I sit there in shock. "Ok I'll be there in a minute." I hang up and grab my jacket and keys. "Where are you going dear?" Nana asked before I leave. "I have to go to the hospital I'll call your care taker." She nods. "Ok." She smiles. "Bye." I run out and hop on my new motorcycle. Once I get to the hospital I run in and see Jughead the pacing. "Jug. What happened?" I ask surprisingly staying calm. "She was bar tending and a fight broke out and she tried to stop it and one of the guys took his knife out and she tried to protect Fangs because he said something and that's what started it and she got stabbed." He tells me in almost tears. I sit down and rub my face. "She will be ok the guy didn't hit any major organs." He tell me as he sits down next to me taking off his hat. I begin to cry. Jughead pulls me into a hug. The nurse walks up to us. "Are you here for Antoinette Topaz?" She asked politely. "Yeah. Is she ok?" She nods. "Yeah she's sleeping now but if you want to see her she's in room 102." She tells me and I run to her room. I walk in and sit next to her bed. I take her hand. "Toni. I love you and you and I both know you can get through this. Toni." I put my head down and cry. I feel my hand get squeezed. "Toni?" I ask. "I'm trying to sleep here." She says sarcastically. I laugh. "I love you too." A nurse walks in with Jughead. "Your awake." Toni groans. "I feel like I've been stabbed." She say sarcastically. "Hey at least your ok." I tell her and she smiles. "I'm guessing you to are da-." Jughead interrupts her. "Yeah they are. I would leave them alone." They both walk out. "I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm sorry if I scared you." I wipe a tear from her face because she started to cry. "Hey Jug told me what happened you were protecting Fangs and your ok that's all that matters." I lean in and kiss her. "I need some sleep." I smile. "Your not leaving my side are you?" She asked me. "Not until I know your ok and I still won't." She laughs. "I get out on Monday but I can't go back to school." She sighs. "Your not missing much. It's the last day of school on Tuesday. Next year we get to think about college." I tell her and I realize it's coming up on one year of my brothers death. "You ok?" She asked with a smile. "Jason oh god." She turns to me and takes my hand. "Hey. I don't think he would want you to be sad about his death." I start crying. "He was my biggest supporter before you. He would have loved is together and maybe my mom wouldn't have been so upset about us. I wish he was still here." She wipes my tears. There is a reason I'm in love with her. I sigh. "At Thornhill one of the only things that wasn't effected by the fire was the graveyard, where he was barred. I wanted to go I haven't been there in a while. Mostly because I don't feel comfortable going alone. I was wondering if even though you-." She interrupts my rambling. "Of course. He was your brother and you loved him I'll go. And I did know of him." She takes a deep breath. "You were there when he was killed weren't you?" I ask her. "Cheryl." I shake my head. "It's ok you didn't have anything to do with it." I give a fake smile.

TONI POV:

I wake up the next morning with Cheryl's head on the bed and her hand in mine. She was still asleep. How she slept like that beats me. You could tell she had a nightmare because she was shivering from the sweat. The nurse walks in a few minutes later. "Your awake." She says loudly. Cheryl jumps awake. "What did I miss?" She asked snapping back into reality. "Nothing babe." She smiles. "I'm going to go down to the cafeteria and get something. I'm guessing you want coffee." I nod. She leaves. "We called your emergency contact. FP Jones. Right?" She asked and that's when I realized I didn't have my phone. "Yeah." She nods. "Is he your step dad?" She asked. I sat up. "No. I'm not the closes with my family, he kinda took me under his wing." I tell her. "Oh well he will be here to pick you up tomorrow and here is the stuff that was on you when you got here." She put a bag on the bench next to me. "Your girlfriend already took somethings out like your jacket." I grin. "She has her own." I mumble. The nurse walks out and Cheryl walks in with coffee. "You have your own jacket." She hands me a cup and sits on the bed. "I know it wasn't bloody and it smells like you. So I put it on." She takes my hand. I noticed she doesn't have the ring on. "Where's your ring?" I ask concerned. She pulls out a necklace with it on. "I'm not a big fan of rings so I put it on a necklace." I sigh in relief.

It's Monday and I was supposed to get out today but they let me let me out earlier and I stayed with Cheryl. I like it because I've gotten to know nana rose more. Cheryl hasn't left my side which is kinda good because I can barely stand up without pain. We decided to go to Thornhill and visit Jason's grave. We drive up and get out. I see her hesitate. "We don't have to stay if you don't want." I winch in pain as I tell her. I grab my cane for support and we walk to his grave. I can't even imagine what is going through her head. We get to his grave. She starts crying and I don't think it's stopping anytime soon. I look around and see how much of the house was burned down and realized that Cheryl single handedly did this. I don't blame her. "Can give me a minute?" She asked me. "Yeah I'll be back in a minute." I slowly walk away.

CHERYL POV:

I look over and next to Jason was Father the man who killed Jason. I sit there for a few minutes and cry historically. Toni quietly comes back. She hugs me and I cry into her shoulder. "Cheryl I'm not trying to rude or anything but can we go." I look at her confused. "I'm in a lot of pain right now." I nod and we slowly walk back to the car and I help her in. You can see the pain she was in. I get in my car and we drive off.

We get back home and go inside. Toni goes into the living room and lays down. I see Nana sitting by the fire. "It's a little hot for that don't you think?" I ask her and she laughs. "Yeah." She turns her chair around. "You ok dear?" She asked going up to Toni. "Yeah just in pain."