(21)

NARRATOR POV:

It was the first day back at Riverdale High, Toni and Cheryl walk in school hand in hand. Both wearing their Serpent jackets. Everything was going fine until they both walk into the student lounge. "Hey Cheryl you do that for your snake friend?" Reggie, of course. Cheryl turns around to face him. "Is there a problem with me?" She ask in her typical HBIC voice. Toni gets up a few steps behind her with the rest of the serpents. "Yes. Since when are you part if those snakes? I thought you hated the southside we all remember the first day they came here, right?" Cheryl walks closer clearly pissed off. Cheryl could snap any second now. "Some people changed my mind. And just because we're a bunch of snakes does not mean that we're bad people. And besides their better than a bunch of bulldogs trying to get in girls pants 24/7." Next thing you know it, Reggie tries to punch Cheryl but Sweat Pea steps in and takes the punch, and punches him back. "Don't you dare lay a hand on her." Sweat Pea yells at him. Reggie laughs. "Oh so now you have a group of snakes to protect you. Fag." Toni finally had a enough and punches him to the ground and keep punching him. "That's my girlfriend you dick." Cheryl pulls her off him as Wearherbee walks in. "What's going on in here? Reggie, Sweat Pea, Antoinette and Cheryl, office now!"

"Reggie, Sweat Pea and Antoinette detention for the rest of the month. And Cheryl I suggest you don't wear that jacket." Weartheree stands up, Sweat Pea walks out of the office with Reggie. "No, this jacket means a lot to me. I'm not going to take it off because it caused one problem that was taken care of." Cheryl gets up from her seat. "I'm going to wear this, your not going to punish me. And when I wear this I will wear it with pride." Cheryl finishes and walks out. "It's Toni. Not Antoinette I don't go by that it pisses me off." Toni walks out and doesn't see Cheryl. She sees Veronica and goes to her. "Have you seen Cheryl?" Veronica points to the bathroom and gives her a concerned look. "She seemed upset what happened in there?" Toni doesn't listen to her and goes to the bathroom. "Cheryl." Toni sees Cheryl at the sink crying. Her goes over to her and sits on the counter. "Cheryl, hey it's ok." She wipes the tears from Cheryl's eyes. Cheryl looks down. "I just want people to not think of me differently since we're dating." Cheryl confesses. Toni realizes what she's talking about and hugs her. "Are you talking about what Reggie called you?" Cheryl pulls away and wipes the rest of her tears. She nods and bites her lips. "Cheryl so what he's just trying to get under your skin." Toni gets off the counter. "But he's right." Cheryl looks down. "So he's just mad that you are happy and that he lost a girl to hit on." Cheryl and Toni laughs at her jokes. "Toni can I tell you something?" She ask voice shaking. Toni gives her a reassuring nod. "Last night I had another nightmare, it was about when I was at Sisters and you never came to save me." Toni cups her face. "I will always save you from danger. No matter how bad it is. I promise." Cheryl looks down and smiles. "Why didn't you come get me? I was probably awake." Cheryl doesn't answer because she couldn't. "Cheryl?" "Because I was paralyzed with fear I couldn't move. I woke up having a severe panic attack, I couldn't breathe it lasted all night I finally got back to sleep and then you woke me up." Toni rubs her face. "Cheryl you could have told me earlier when we woke up." She shakes her head. "You saw how late I was getting ready for school." Toni nods. "Did you take your anxiety meds?" Cheryl wipes her tears and nods. "That's what helped me finally get to sleep."

Later that day after detention they were in the trailer watching tv. "I went off on Weatherbee after all you left." Toni looks at Cheryl. "Oh really?" Cheryl asked laughing a little. "Yeah he kept calling me Antoinette and I was not having any of it." They both burst out laughing. "Tomorrow Jughead stupidly decided that we need to have a drag race between the ghoulies and I'm usually flag girl so I kinda have be there. Do you want to go?" Cheryl laughs. "I'm a serpent I kinda need to be there."

TONI POV:

We were at the drag race. "Uh I usually do honors." I say as Cheryl walks up the cars. Damn she looks good. "Not today Cha Cha, I born for this moment." Damn She's hot. I walk over to Fangs and she race starts. Cheryl walks over to me. I see one of the ghoulies he is just staring at me. I recognized him from that night. "Toni you ok?" He looks like he still wants revenge on me or the serpents. "Toni." Cheryl snaps me out of my thoughts. "Do you want to get out of here?" I ask panicking almost. "Yeah. I'm guessing that your uncomfortable?" I nod and we leave. We decide to go to Pops that's what we do when something happens. Cheryl kinda looks mad for some reason when we sit down. "What's wrong?" She asked softly. "I don't want to talk about it right now. So I'm going to change the subject. Ahh Kevin is doing the musical and was wondering if you wanted to do it?" I look up and see a bright smile. "No I have to much stress. I'm guessing your doing it." I smile and nod. "I love you Cheryl Blossom." She plays with my hand. "I love you Toni Topaz."

Later that day we were sitting in my room. "I've never realized how small this room is." I laugh. "Well it is a trailer. Also the only times we are in here is when we sleep, sleep with each other or make out." She sits up. "Are you ever going to get your tattoo again?" She straddles me. I move up and place my hand on her thigh. "Yeah. when and where are you getting yours? Because I can do it right now if you want." I suggest. She looks down. "We can do it now, I was thinking left shoulder." I nod. "I can do that. Do you want me to put a cherry next to it or something?" She smiles. "No I don't really want to tattoo in the first place but I kinda have to." I smile and take her hand. "I'm giving it a cherry." We both get up and go to the kitchen.

A hour later it's finally done. "That was painful." I smile. "Not as painful as the ribs."