(18)

CHERYL POV:

All night I was up thinking. I laid awake next to Toni all night. if Jason was really alive. He can't be I saw the video. I shoot up. "The video." I rub my face. "Toni. Wake up." She groans. "Five minutes." I look over. "Toni this is important." She wakes up and sits up. "What's up?" She asked. "I don't think Jason is alive." I tell her. She looks confused. "What? FP said it himself." She takes my hand. "Someone could be paying him to say that." "Don't you want him to be alive?" She asked. "Yeah I don't think he is because in the letter it wasn't his hand writing. It was my moms." I look at Toni. She cups my face. "Cheryl I'm sorry." I start crying as she pulls me into a hug. "I miss him so much." She rubs my head. "I know." I sniff and wipe my tears. "Do you think he would have liked us together?" She ask me. "Probably I don't know he wasn't a big fan of the Southside. But you protect me and make me feel loved." I smile. "He would have had a fit if he found out I'm now a serpent." She laughs. "Ready to go back to sleep?" I sit up and nod. "Yeah as long as you hold me." We lay down. I lay my head on her chest. "He was the only one who knew, besides my mom who made me repress my feelings." I over at Toni and see she has fallen asleep.

The next morning I wake up, Toni wasn't next to me which is normal she's usually up before me. So I get up and walk out and see her making breakfast. "Hey Cheryl." She says trying to do a few things at once. "Let me help before you set the kitchen on fire." I grab the pans while she grabs the coffee and poor it. "Toni I was thinking about going to my mom about the note and her intention." I put down are plates at the table. "Cheryl. Are you sure?" She asked me. "I want to go back home your actual home." I take her hand. "Your my home. Maybe you could live there with me. The house will be lonely without nana there?" I asked with a smile. "How do I say no to my favorite girl." She smiles. "Of course." I grab my coffee and drink some. "I love you. You know that."  She bites down on her lips and blushes. "I love you too. And you know that." She tells me flirting.

We were at the Wrym for a meeting. There was a riot tonight and Fangs was shot. "We will give them Sunny side trailer park." Jughead announcesToni gets up. "So you're just going to hand over Sunny side are home to the Ghoulies. Jones people are going to be homeless because of you." Jughead starts to get mad. "It's either that or we give them Cheryl." Oh yeah did I mention I'm the reason hell has broken lose. "They said they weren't finished with her." Toni looks back at me. "We can't give her up. And we're not giving up Sunny Side up either." Toni yells. "I don't want to to either in the first p-." FP comes running in yelling. "HEY. what is going on in here." He breaks Toni up from killing each other. Toni sits next to me. "Anything news with Fangs?" I ask changing the subject. FP looks down. "I got a call from the hospital. He he didn't make it." I look over at Toni. She storms out and I follow. "Toni." We were standing outside. She looks over. "Leave me alone." She says about to cry. "Toni this is what I'm talking about when I say you don't open up."  I cup her face. "Toni you can cry if you need to." As I tell her I see her face crumble she starts crying and I pull her into a hug. She pulls away and wipes her tears. "Cheryl stay here I need to go do something." I get worried. "Toni what are you going to do?" I ask as she gets up and gives me her jacket. Don't worry about me." She gets on her bike and leaves. I run back into the wyrm. "FP." He looks over at me. "I think Toni just went to give herself to the Ghoulies."

TONI POV:

I get to the edge of the Ghoulie hang out. I call Penelope Blossom. "Hello." She answers the phone. "You really don't want Cheryl and I together." I say. "Oh Antoinette. Of course your making her think such deviant thoughts." I sigh. "Cheryl is not deviant. You just don't want is together because your jealous that she found love and you have to hook up with men. You want her life to be a nightmare that's why you paid FP to give her the letter. That's why you are Paying the Ghoulies to get rid of her. Your going to have to kill me before you even think about getting to her. I love her and she loves me." She laughs through the phone and hangs up. I walk to the Ghoulies. "Serpent Smufet I thought Red would be here not you." She stands Up. "I'm giving myself to you. Cheryl never wanted to get into any of this. It's all my fault." I step closer to her. "Fine remember what you and The Jones kid did to my Tattoo? Get her." Next thing I knew they all attacking me. They rip my shirt off and cut my tattoo. They Punch me and one guy rapes me. Everything goes black after while.

"I love you more than I will love anyone. This is all my fault." I slowly open my eyes for the first time since everything happened. "Cheryl. I'm ok now." I look at Cheryl and she looks like hell. "Cheryl what happened?" I asked. "There was a big fight with the ghoulies. And Fangs is not dead. They told FP that to start world war southside. It was my moms doing wasn't it all of this." I nod. "She wants to get rid of one of us." She starts crying. "Cheryl can I tell you something that happened that night and you need to promise to not tell anyone except FP because I think I can only say this once." She takes my hand. "When I went there they didn't just attack me and cut my tattoo." I stop for a second trying to stop my tears but I cannot. "Toni it's ok it's just me. You can tell me." She wipes my tears. "Cheryl, I I was raped." She looks shocked. "It was penny." She gets up and kicks the chair. "This all my fault I shouldn't have gone there and gotten in that fight and I shouldn't have let you go. This all my fault." She sits down and cries. "Cheryl none of this is your fault we go through this every time one of us end up in here." Jughead knocks on the door. "Hey I heard a loud noises I wanted to make sure you were fine." I smile and nod. "Yeah just got pissed off. I need to get out of here." Cheryl storms out and I'm left with Jughead. "I heard what happened penny was bragging about it." I sit up. "But Cheryl had no clue." He sits down. "She hadn't gotten there yet she was with you and I called her and she came." I sigh. "Jones I'm scared of what might happen to one of us. I didn't intend for anything to happen to her." I confessed. "If you really love her and want good for her, break up with her. It might be giving in but until everything gets better it's the best thing you can do for both of you. You don't have to do it now but soon." It broke my heart to do that. "I can't." He sighs. "Your other option is to skip town with her." I sigh. " with the money neither of us have. What if they hunt me down." He stands up. "One or the other you have to choose." He's about to leave. "I suggest the first one it's the easiest and the nurse said that you can leave tonight" He walks out. I don't want to break up with her, but I can't leave town.

I finally get home with Cheryl. We're sitting on the couch watching tv. "Toni you ok. You seem off." Do I tell her now. "Cheryl I don't want to do this but I have to for both of our safety." She sits up. I don't make eye contact. "Cheryl I- we-." I sigh and look down. "We need to break up. I don't want to do this. But I need to for your safety. I don't want to do this, Cheryl. I didn't want to get you into any of this." She takes my hand. "I get it." She wipes my tears and I wipe hers. "Toni I love you and I know this is just short term. Maybe you didn't have to do this. We can just pretend to break up." She tells me. I take my hands away. "No that can't work your mom has eyes everywhere. Cheryl I'm sorry." I look down. "Can we at least spend one last night together?" She asked. "Nothing sexual I'm not planing on doing anything like that anytime soon. But yes we can." She smiles. I slowly pull her into a kiss. The kiss last about a minute until we both need air. I don't want this kiss to end because I know that's the last kiss for a while. We unfortunately pull apart. "I'll go stay with Betty for a few days until I can figure things out." She gets up. "I thought we were going to spend the night." I grab her hand. "I'm sorry I'll be back tomorrow to get some clothes." She walks out and leaves. I get up and tear my trailer apart in frustration. I sit on the floor and cry for hours. I didn't want to break up with her. I go over to the frigid and grab a beer.

A few days go by and I hear a knock on the door I get up and open it. It's Veronica. "What are you here to yell at me for doing what I did to Cheryl." I slur because of the drinking binge I went on. I look up and also see Sweat Pea there. "No. You haven't left the house in days. When Cheryl came over the house was a mess and you didn't leave your room." Veronica tells me stating the obvious. I let them in. I close the door as they sit down. "Sorry about the mess. It kinda represents me right now." I go and grab another beer. Sweat pea gets up and grabs it out of my hand before I drink any. "Toni I haven't seen you this bad in years." "I didn't want to break up with her." We sit down. "Did she cheat on you or something? Did you cheat on her? The only one who has seen either of you is Betty." I look down. "It was for her safety she's been hiding there away from her mom and the Ghoulies."