Chapter 1

Face claim; cray sounds (Cheney)
A lil inspiration from stranger things
Chapter 1: escape
Aria Taylors

"She's not human! No human can move things with their mind!"

The shouts were loud from my fathers workers.

I was human. However, I could do things that a normal human being wasn't able to do. My father was testing me like an ape in a zoo.

I was normal, though. I'm just a normal 17 year old. My father, however, doesn't think so. He's done so many tests on me. The most recent one was the most painful and his employees hated doing it to me.

Dad never considers how I feel. He barely knows that I speak English.

Since my mom died as soon as I was born, he now says that it was my fault, though it wasn't.

I was locked up in a small cell. My leg was bouncing rapidly, my hands chained down. I was losing it. I hated it there.

I wanted to leave. That's exactly what I was going to do. I looked down at my chains, then at the door.

I've never had actual human contact other than my dad and his employees. All of my schooling has been in here.

I've never had any interaction with actual people.

My fists tightened in the chains. I peered down, the chains rattling slightly. I focused and they snapped right off.

I thought if I really wanted to do this. I did.

I looked in the small mirror that was in here and put my hair up into a ponytail very sloppily.

My hair would only get in the way.

The door was locked, but that didn't bother me. They knew I would never do something like this because I always get threatened. But I've studied them just as much as they studied me.

The door swung open and light shined through the broken frame. I stepped out into the hallway and started sprinting.

I turned the corners. I knew exactly how to get out of here.

But that's when the men started to come into view. My eyes widened and I gasped when a few were casually walking.

They saw me and then started running to me. I just ran and they were pushed into the walls.

I turned another corner and then there were men with guns.

"Shit." I whispered to myself.

"Stop moving right now, Aria!" One of the men yelled. I stood still. My jaw clenched as well as my fists.

I moved my neck to the side lightly and they all fell down. A little blood trickled out of my nose. I wiped it away and continued to run.

Once I got to the main hallway, I saw the doors. But I saw everyone else, including my dad.

"Aria, you're cornered. You're outnumbered. What are you going to do?" He made me believe that I was weak. He knew that whatever power I had was stronger than any of his men.

"Aria, you don't want to do this." He held his hand out.

"You don't want to be out there. No one will care for you. You won't have a home. No one will love someone like you. You're strange. No one loves someone who's strange."

I didn't say anything. I looked behind hun at the men.

He knew my intentions. I felt his arms around my body and pull me back. I screamed loudly.

Strange | RiggsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara