Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Dylan

The next day

Aria Taylors

Chandler and I had just got to school. I was extremely tired.

"Hey I'm going to go to my locker, I'll catch up with you in a few." I told Chandler before walking off.

I found my locker pretty quickly and opened it without struggle. I opened my bag and grabbed a book out of it and set it in there before closing my locker.

"New girl." Dylan was standing right next to my locker. I looked at him.

"Dylan." I greeted him.

"How was your night?" He leaned his back against the lockers.

"It was good. How about you?" I couldn't hide my smile.

"It was good. Could've been better." He smirked. I didn't like the way he did that. It creeped me out.

"Well, it was nice talking to you, I've got to get to class." I went to walk away.

"The bell doesn't ring for another 10 minutes." He stopped me.

"Yeah, uh, knowing me I won't be able to find the class." I nervously laughed.

"I could show you again. I wanna get to know you." He bit his lower lip.

"Oh um, that's nice. I'm sorry I really have to go." He sketched me out. He was too nice.

I turned around and walked away.

Soon enough I met back up with Chandler.

"Hey... can we talk?" Chandler asked.

"Sure- but isn't the bell going to ring soon?" I was a little curious about the bell but I wanted to know what he wanted.

"Yeah but missing one class won't hurt you." He pulled on my hand, making me follow him.

His hand held mine as he dragged me through everyone.

He lead me to a field outside that had bleachers.

The football field, I'm guessing.

"So yesterday, I kissed you. You and I are both well aware of that." He brought it up.

"Yeah I was there." I joked a little but I could tell he wasn't joking.

"Aria, I like you. I don't just like you, it's- I don't even know... all I know is that you make me feel like I can't be away from you." Chandler put his hands on my cheeks.

I was a little shocked.

"I think you're incredibly beautiful, fun, and easy to talk to. I don't care what your dad thought. I don't care that you're different." His thumb grazed my cheek bone.

"You make me happy." Chandler whispered.

I just put my hands around his wrists. I knew my feelings for him were stronger than they should've been.

"So I don't know how you feel and I don't expect you to know how you feel." He added. Our eyes never broke contact.

I just nodded my head. I saw his eyes turn to my lips and then back up at my eyes for a split second.

I knew what I wanted.

I leaned on my tip toes and connected our lips gently. Chandler moved his hands to my waist, holding me and pulling me closer to him.

I pulled my lips away and rested my forehead against his.

"You feel the same, don't you?" He smiled a bit. I nodded, looking at those beautiful eyes.

Chandler smiled a little more. I grinned and looked away.

"So... what does this mean?" I asked.

"Whatever you want it to."

7th class (last class)

I sat down in my desk with a sigh.

"You seem stressed." Chandler turned his head to me.

"I'm exhausted." I pushed my hair out of my face.

"Students! Stop talking! Today, your teacher isn't here so I'm here to substitute. There is no talking, no laughing, no texting, no passes." This sub was a bitch.

"What if we have to use the bathroom?" Chandler politely asked.

"No taking or passes!" She snapped. I didn't like that. My eyebrows furrowed in disgust.

She had a stack of papers in her hands. I looked at them and they knocked out of her hand. Chandler looked over at me with a small smile and I smiled back.

The classroom door opened and of course it was Dylan.

"And who might you be?" The substitute asked as she picked up the papers.

"Yours truly." He sat down in a seat next to me.

"No talking, no laughing, no texting." She snapped at him. "I don't think you understand who runs this classroom." Dylan kicked his feet up.

I just looked towards the teacher. This was going to be a very interesting class.

Later

"I don't think I like him very much." I told Chandler as Dylan came up in our conversation.

"He seems to like you." Chandler rolled his eyes.

"He doesn't know me." I laughed a bit, seeing

chandlers annoyance. I sat down next to him. "But you know who does?" I rested my forearm on his shoulder. He turned his head and looked at me with a small smile. He had his right cheek in his hand.

"Me." He whispered. I nodded and he smiled a little more. He leaned forward, pressing his lips against mine. He seemed to be doing that a lot, but I wasn't complaining.

I let my eyes close, relaxing into him. He pulled away after a few seconds and smiled.

"So what do you want for dinner?" He hand his hand on my knee.

"Frozen yogurt." I said.
"You can't have frozen yogurt for dinner." He chuckled.

"Why not?" I asked.
"Because that's a dessert, aria." He laughed.
"Oh... well, I've never tried a hamburger before, I've always wanted to. Can we get one of those?" I questioned. Chandler stood up, taking my hand and standing me up.

"Of course we can. I know the best place." He grabbed his keys out of his pocket.

I just went to the front door, Chandler right behind me. He unlocked the doors to the car and I got in the passenger seat.

Chandler got in and stared the car. I took a minute to admire him. He was such a beautiful sight.

I smiled to myself. I just wondered how I got so lucky.

"Aria, you're staring." Chandler snapped his fingers. "

I know." I smiled with a laugh.

"God, you're beautiful."

Okay I ended this very bluntly, but that's because I had a really good idea for next chapter