Chapter 7

Chapter 7: I'm sorry

The next day

Aria Taylors

Chandler and I haven't spoke since the incident.

I should've been expecting that reaction. But I wasn't. I expected him to be welcome with open arms. But he wasn't.

I was just sitting on my bed, staring down at my hands. I felt sick, but I wasn't sick whatsoever.

I had my hair put in a ponytail so I wouldn't be hiding in it. My shirt wasn't small on me, but it felt like it was too tight because I couldn't breathe properly from the silent tears I let out last night.

My shorts felt hoarse against my skin. I just didn't feel right.

I stood up from my position and i shivered from the cold feeling of the floor.

I hesitantly walked to the door. I stood there for a second, but then proceeded to put my hand on the knob and then open it.

I walked to the hallway bathroom, opening the door and quickly closing it. I breathed out heavily and looked at myself in the mirror.

I just turned the fountain on and splashed water on my face.

I dried it off with a hand towel. I heard the door open and I turned my head over my shoulder.

Chandler stepped in and then noticed I was in here.

"Sorry... you can go." I turned around. He just looked at me.

"I was uh... actually looking for you." He looked exhausted.

"Well.. you found me." I crossed my arms.

"Aria... I didn't mean what I said yesterday-"

"No.. it's okay. I get it. You were right. So was my dad." I stepped passed him.

I heard him sigh and I just went back to my room.

"Aria." I heard Chandler enter my room.

I just turned to face him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I guess I just was... surprised." He walked towards me, unfolding my arms.

I just gazed into those crystal blue eyes of his. 

"Tell me. I want to know." 

My lips parted a bit. 

"What do you want to know?" I asked.
"Everything." He whispered. 

I was locked in this gaze.

"My father... when he found out I could do this, he had already worked for the government so he made a facility that was top secret in the woods. It was just him and his workers that knew about it. When I was 3 they started the testing. It was painful. All the tests were painful. The latest one they cut into my arm and shoved a rod up it. When they found nothing, they gave up and just stitched me up. These tests were twice a month everyday for 14 years. They all hurt. My dad never let me talk to anyone. He would make me believe that I wasn't powerful and that I meant nothing. Most of the time I was chained down and left alone." I explained, breaking the state between us. 

"Woah... why didn't you use your mind thing to get out? How did you get out?" He was a lot more interested than I thought. 

I sighed and closed my eyes for a second. 

I remembered everything. I wish I didn't. 

"Because he brainwashed me. I was taught like a normal kid in school, they didn't forget that. But sometimes they taught me that what I can do wasn't special and that it wouldn't be able to help me. They made me believe I had no escape. I was trapped... one day I just... I just snapped. I built up so much courage and bravery. I did it. My dad had punched and hit me and told me that no one would love me because of the way I am. He told me I wasn't safe out here. That I had no where to go. He was right but I didn't care. Some idiots threw grenades and I escaped just in time before the entire building exploded. I was lost and I didn't know what to do. I just wandered along and then I met you." I didn't give him details. I didn't want to. 

Chandlers face was in a sad expression. 

"Then you met me... I should've listened to you last night. I didn't give you a chance to talk and I know what I said was wrong and it hurt you... I just... I felt so betrayed and I didn't even listen to you." He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. 

His arms were tightly wrapped around me. 

"You're strange.... but not in a bad way." He whispered. I nuzzled into his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"So... you really never came from anywhere... you've never really lived in the open before." He summed it up. 

"Never." I repeated. 

Chandler pulled away and looked into my eyes, catching me in a trance. 

He stayed silent for a minute. 

"How about this... since you've got no one to show you the ropes... since no one else knows about you.... how about you stay with me." Chandler suggested. 

"I am staying with you." I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"I mean... live with me.. don't leave." He tucked the strands of hair that fell out of my ponytail away from my face. 

This action caused shivers to run through my body. My heart skipped a beat and I felt my cheeks heat. 

"Like... forever?" I made sure I heard him right. He put his hand on my cheek. I was sure he could feel how hot they were. 

"Yeah... forever." He nodded as he whispered.  I smiled happily and let out a small squeal. Chandler grew a smile on his face. 

I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck again, hugging him. Chandler chuckled and hugged me back. 

I was so excited and so happy. 

Chandlers arms were tight around me. 

"Again, I'm so so sorry for what I said." I felt him sigh. I knew he meant what he said. 

"Chandler, it's okay." I assured. 

"I would've said the same thing." I added. 

Chandlers arms tightened around me a bit, making my body even closer to his than it was before. 

I pulled away from the hug and he kept his stare on me. 

"Thank you so much for everything." I couldn't stop smiling. 

I have a real home. 

I have someone who cares about me even though he knows what I can do. 

I couldn't ask for anything more.

This is so basic.