Chapter 6

Chapter 6: strange

1 week later

Aria Taylors

Chandlers friends Sam and Gray were over.

I was sitting on Chandlers bed, the three of them on the floor.

It was storming and the power was out yet again. We had candles lit and each had a flashlight if we had to pee or something.

"This blows." Gray sighed, leaning his head against the bed.

I was scared. Again, I've always hated thunderstorms.

"Hoenstly. I mean I have some board games. We could play Yahtzee." Chandler suggested.

"Yeah. It's official. Chandler lost his mind." Sam joked. I was trying to focus on them and not on the storm. It was hard.

"Aria are you okay?" Chandler stood up, walkinn towards me. He crouched infront of me, putting his hands on my knees to hold himself still.

I just nodded.

"Hey, it'll be okay." Chandler assured. I breathed in and peered down at the two boys. They were laughing and giggling about a joke Sam had made.

I turned my head back to Chandler.

"They're idiots, I know." He smiled at me. His smile got to me every time. I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"See, you're okay... when this storm is over how about we go get something to eat... I like going out with you." His smile went a little smaller.

"Me too." I agreed.

Chandler stood up, motioning for all of us to stand up. All of us listened.

"Okay so for right now, who's hungry? I can order food." Chandler asked.

"I think all of us." Gray looked at both Sam and I.

"Pizza. Get pizza." Sam put his hand on Chandlers shoulder. Chandler glanced at me, but I just nodded.

Chandler pulled his phone and dialed a number.

"Hi can I get 2 large pepperoni pizzas?" Chandler spoke. I just turned my head and gazed out the window. The raindrops were splattered all over it.

A flash showed up and the loudest, I mean loudest, thunder I've ever heard sounded. It even shook the house.

At this point I just screamed. I knew better than not to scream.

Because when I did, Chandlers door to bathroom and door to his bedroom slammed shut.

Chandler and the boys yelled and Chandler had dropped his phone.

"What the hell was that?!" Sam basically jumped into Gray.

I just completely looked away.

I breathed out and closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down. They know.

Or at least they need to.

"I- I don't know." Chandler grabbed my upper arm gently and pulled me to him.

"Aria... your nose is bleeding again." Chandler pointed out.

I reached up.

"Why does it do that?" Grays eyebrows furrowed. I looked up at them, moving my hair out of my face.

I sighed and pondered.

They'll think I'm crazy.

Chandler will kick me out.

I'll be alone again.

My dad was right. I'm too strange.

"Because it does that when... when I- the doors slamming... that was me." I couldn't find the right words.

"What do you mean? You were standing literally right there. You couldn't have." Sam pointed out.

"I could do it from here... I-... I can move things... with my mind." As I said that, Chandler let go of me.

"Very funny, jokes over." Gray seemed a little scared.

"It's not a joke-"

"Chandler we told you she's crazy. She doesn't know what she's talking about!" Sam backed away from me.

I felt my heart drop.

"I can prove it." I held up my flashlight with my hand and then put it on Chandlers bed.

"What is she doing?" Gray whispered to the other boys.

"I don't know." I heard Chandler. He sounded scared... he sounded disappointed.

I got down on my knees and concentrated on the flashlight.

The boys moved to the other side of the bed so I was facing them.

I just stared at it. The boys were looking in anticipation.

Just as I wanted it to, the flashlight started to levitate.

"Oh my god!" The boys all shouted in fear.

I felt more blood trickle down my lip.

I looked away because I felt dizzy and it dropped.

I wiped the blood off my face with the back of my hand.

"She's an alien! Oh my god I knew something was odd!" Sam whined.

"No! No, no, I'm human... I just... I don't know why I can do this." I blurted out.

"That's impossible... it's- it's strange."

"The story about your house burning down... it's not true, is it?" Chandler had his arms crossed and his voice was low.

I felt so guilty.

"No, it wasn't." I admitted as I stood up. Chandler walked towards me.

"You lied to me." He whispered. He looked to hurt.

"And you- you hid this from me? Why?" He raised his voice a litte bit.

"I lied because I knew the real story would scare people off. You guys already thought I was crazy and I couldn't tell you." I spoke fastly.

Chandler backed up from me.

"How are you so calm about this?! She can move things with her goddamn mind!" Sam was terrified.

I knew I looked guilty.

"I'm sorry." I apologized to Chandler. He just shook his head.

"You're right. You are strange. Your dad. He was right." His words tore my heart apart.

I looked at him in shock. I let out a small gasp.

"Come on, guys." Chandler told the boys and walked out of the room. The 2 were cautious about me, making sure to stay away from me.

But I was too busy focused on what Chandler had said.

Your dad. He was right.

I've never felt so bad in my entire life.

I bit my lower lip and turned away from the door. I folded my arms and pushed them into my body.

I glanced down at the wall and felt a tear slip down my cheek.

I should've known this was going to happen.

I should've never came with him. I grew a sinking feeling in my stomach. He helped me when I needed it.

I betrayed him. Lied to him.

And I was wrong for it.

He was a little mean to her but hell I would he too.