Chapter 4

Chapter 4: skipping school

1 day later

Aria Taylors

I could hear ruffling coming from the hallway. I just groaned and rolled over on the extremely comfy bed. More noise and footsteps I could here. I blew out air and opened my eyes.

It was still dark outside. No sun was coming through the cracks of the curtains. My eyes widened as the shuffling and noise kept going on.

I checked the time on the alarm clock next to the bed.

6:30 am.

Another Test

Was all I could think of. That's all I heard when a test was about to happen.

He was going to hurt me in this test to see why I can do what I can do. I thought he didn't know but he must. That could be the only reason why he is up so early.

I moved fast. I stood up, my feet touch the cold and hard wooden flooring. I door was closed. I have no idea why, I don't recall closing it last night.

I moved to the door, turning the nob and trying to open it. I pushed and pushed. I through my body against it a few times.

"N-no. No no no no!" I gasped. I was so scared I didn't even think about opening it with my mind.

"Please don't do this." I felt my body start to shake. I let out a small yelp and the lights flickered.

"Aria?" The door pushed open and I fell backwards onto my butt on the floor.

My breath was basically static. Tears were sliding down my cheeks.

"Oh god, are you okay?" Chandler got down infront of me, putting his arms around me and pulling me into his chest as I let out cries.

Th-the door wouldn't open. There were noises and I-" I stopped talking and just let out weeps.

"Aria, the door, you have to pull it open from the inside. I thought you were hurt." He blew out a breath of relief.

My hands clutched tightly onto his arm that was around my shoulders. I bent my knees upwards.

"I was just getting ready for school... I'm so sorry that I scared you. I closed the door so I wouldn't wake you up." He turned me to face him.

His hands tucked my hair behind my ears. He had a worried look on his face.

His thumbs swept the tears underneath my eyes.

"Are you going to be gone a long time?" I sniffled. Chandler nodded.

"7 hours." He whispered.

I tried to calm myself down but the only breaths I was taking were short ones.

"I'll tell you what. I won't go today-"

"No, no  y-you cant go I just... I just freaked myself out. I'll be okay." I interrupted him.

"I can go tomorrow. I'm not going to miss out on anything." Chandler stood up, then helped me stand up.

"I just want to make sure you're okay." He added.

I just stayed silent, my lips slightly parted.

"Okay." I softly spoke up.

"Do you want to go back to bed?" Chandler asked. I sniffled and shook my head.

"No... I'm too awake now." I ran my fingers I through my hair. Chandler still had a worried look on his face.

"Just go lay down. I'll bring you some water." He instructed.

I looked at him and I knew he could tell I still felt fear.

"You can trut me. You will always be able to trust me." Chandler assured. I nodded my head and he lead me back to the bed.

I say down and then layed down.

"You're going to be okay." He assured once more before going downstairs.

I stared up at the ceiling and blew out air. I almost blew it.

He could've found out. He probably thinks I'm weird now.

When Chandler came up he had a glass of water in his hand.

He gently handed it to me and I took a sip.

"You really scared me." He sounded relieved.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"No, no, Aria, don't be sorry." Chandler pulled a rolley chair next to the bed.

I peered up at him, turning on my side to face him.

"You can go to school. I'll be okay." I callmed down.

"Nope, I already made the decision." Chandler smiled at me smally.

"You know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you, right?" He spoke again.

I breathed in and then shrugged a little.

"I wouldn't. I promise... pinky." He pointed to his pinky finger.

"Pinky." I repeated back to him.

"If anything, I'd probably kill anyone who hurt you."

This is so short but u can see them growing to each other.