5

*knock* *knock*

I opened my eyes to realize that I had fallen asleep.

M: BILLIE!!! ARE YOU THERE???

I quickly wrapped my neck with a scarf and opened the door.

M: Why did you leave from school today? Are you sick or just pretend to be?

B: I was shivering and I also vomited at school. Now I'm a bit better.

M: Just to know I'm gonna be gone for about 2 weeks for business.

B: WHAT?! And what am I supposed to do here??

M: What do you mean?

B: Who's gonna be cooking, cleaning the house...? I already have my homework which is too much, I can't do all these things as well!

M: Then don't eat and don't clean. What do you want me to do?

She turned her back and headed downstairs.

B: Why don't you tell Finneas to come here??? And how the fuck did he find a house already?? It's been 2 days!

She ignored me; as always.

I shut the door with force and started doing my homework.

The next 2 weeks are gonna be harder that I thought...

~

The next day...

I woke up as usual and did my morning routine. I saw my mom preparing her stuff.

B: When is your flight?

M: In 2 hours.

I nodded.

B: Call me when you arrive at...

Wait a minute!

B: Where are you going?

M: That's none of your business Billie! Now leave because you're gonna be late for school!

I'm not even impressed by her answer!

I opened the door and left.

~

After a week...

The 1st week without my mom was okay. Katelyn and her clique weren't paying attention to me anymore and that's the good thing.
On the other side, I still haven't made any friends and it feels a bit lonely.

Additionally, my friends from New York wouldn't give a shit about me.
They never call me or text me first and whenever I send a message they reply after 2 days and they won't even pick up the phone.

I never believed that I could be so easily forgotten...

~

At school...

"2 hours left! I can do it!"

I said to myself.

Nothing has happened so far and this silence is frightening me.

Tomorrow we'll have a test in Chemistry and I decided to go to Mr Mendes (our chemistry teacher) to ask him some questions that I had.

~

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING SCENES ARE KINDA EXPLICIT AS THEY HAVE TO DO WITH SEXUAL CONTENT AND STRONG LANGUAGE!!!

In Chemistry class...

KATELYN's POV:

Mr M: K-Katelyn! Ugh!