15

BILLIE's POV:

As I was walking at the near by park, I heard my name.

I cringed as I recognized the voice.

Diego!

D: BILLIE!

I stopped walking, waiting for him to reach me.

D: What are you doing here?

He asked out of breath.

B: What are YOU doing here?

D: You seemed really frustrated as you quit your house and I was afraid that you might do something again.

I sighed.

He's so overprotective and it makes him look clingy but the fact that he cares so much about me is such a sweet thing and i don't want to be ungrateful.

D: Hopefully, you understand why I'm acting this way.

B: Yea...

I said as I lowered my gaze.

Diego moved a piece of loose hair behind my ear.

I looked up at him and he smiled.

I wanted to cry.

I've never felt that loved in my life.

I never felt that somebody genuinely cares about me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me as I burried my head in the crook of his neck.

The warmth of his embrace made me feel the kind of affection that I've never felt before.

I wanted us to stay like this forever.

When he was going to kiss me, of course I wanted to grab his head and pull him close to my lips so that he can kiss me like there's no tomorrow. But I guess it wasn't the right time to do that...

D: If you have anything to tell me, go for it!

I nodded my head as we pulled away.

B: Let's go seat on these benches over there!

D: Ok.

We sat on a bench and I told him everything about my mom now, her new lover, their plans... and everything else I knew.

Our conversation went on for hours!

I even told him about my "friends" from California.

Then he talked to me about his past relationships, his friend Jahseh who used to have depression but now he's doing alright, his other friend, Gustav, who is going to an intoxication centre to stop his drug addiction and many other intriguing stuff.

He also confessed that he's adopted because when he was 6 years old, he was being abused by his father and his mother had abandoned him.