8

Wednesday...

I woke up late as always and once i got out of my house I saw a familiar guy getting out of the house just across the street.

Once he saw me, he seemed to understood who i was.

D: Billie?

B: D-Diego?

D: Whoa! We're neighbors? That's the coolest shit ever, isn't it?

B: Y-yea

D: Fate brought us together again!

He winked

D: Just kidding! You're late as well, eh?

B: Apparently!

I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

D: So you are our new neighbors! I see... Weird how you didn't come to greet us. In this neighborhood everyone is really chummy with each other.

B: Me and my mother's social skills are not the best. You might have noticed that already. My anxiety when you talked to me yesterday went to another level.

D: There's no reason to feel uncomfortable around me. Actually, I wanna be your friend.

He looked at me with a grin.

B: But, you have so many other friends. Way better than me for sure.

D: Well, what's the problem with having one more?

B: There's no problem but why me?

D: Because you're unique.

B: Everyone is.

D: You're different; you're YOU!

What am I supposed to say to this?

B: Thanks I guess. Sorry to disappoint you but i don't think that a friendship with me can last a long time.

D: Why is that?

B: I feel like I'm unable to tell you. You're gonna find out soon enough.

D: I'm not gonna find out because I won't let anyone and anything get in our way.

B: How can you be so sure?

D: Just believe in me!

B: Whatever!

I mumbled under my breath.

D: By the way, why didn't you wait for me yesterday?

B: Sorry, i forgot it.

D: It's okay. Try not to forget it today though!

B: I'll try.

D: So, you're in 11th grade, right?

B: Yup!

D: I'm in 12th. Did you came in New York with your parents?

B: My parents are divorced. I came here with my mother and my older brother but he decided to get his own apartment. And my mother is... well, she didn't tell me where she would go but I'm currently living alone. It doesn't bother me; im fine by myself.

D: Oh I'm sorry. Can i come over your house for company?

B: You don't have to.

D: Ok, so today after school we're going to your house to help you with your homework. It's not like you depend on me because I'm not the best student but oh well!

I chuckled.

B: I don't have any problem with my studies. To be honest, I'm a nerd.

D: Really? Then you might be able to help me with my homework!