13

BILLIE'S POV:

I opened my eyes and the first thing that came to my head was: "Am I...alive?"

D: OH MY GOD, YOU'RE OKAY!

A tear slid down my face as Diego tried to hug me.

I was lying on his couch, wearing a long sweatshirt which was probably his.

B: Why did you save me?

I asked him through gritted teeth and pushed him away.

D: Wh-what?

B: Do you hate me that much?

D: What are you saying?

B: I wanted to escape from this living hell! But you got in my way!

My tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. Salty drops fall from my chin, drenching my shirt.

D: Why didn't you tell me that she was bullying you?

B: What could you do?

D: I would protect you!

I shook my head as I tried to wipe the tears that were coming out uncontrollably.

B: She told me that you two were in relationship. That's why I asked you if you're in relationship. When you asked me if I was in relationship, I thought you were just being ironic. You knew how lonely I was. I didn't even have a single friend, how am I supposed to have a boyfriend?

D: I didn't think this way. I apologized to you but you wanted me to stay away. And yes, Katelyn used to be my girlfriend for 2 years but she was too clingy and I couldn't handle this. I mean, she's from a family where her parents are drug addicts so, she never felt loved and she was asking too much from me. She always wanted to come at my house, she wouldn't let me go out with my friends, talk to other girls etc. I tried to be empathetic but I was too pressed. What did she do to you?

B: She left scars on my skin with a cigarette and when my brother noticed them he thought that I was suicidal and that's why he left the house. She used to stick out her leg so that I can trip on it and fall, she would hit me, threaten me... I started self harming. The "ketchup" on my shirt was blood. The bruise on my eye was from Shawna's punch. I called my dad to tell him that I'm being bullied and he told me to try to be friends with them. My brother ignores me completely. My mother is somewhere far away, not even knowing if she's alive. All the school hates me and thinks I'm a whore. What's my motivation to stay alive?

D: I-I'm so sorry. But I told you from the very first time that I want to be your friend.

He cupped my cheek and leaned close to my lips to kiss me but I turned my head on the other side.

B: What are you doing? I was on the verge of killing myself and you think that a kiss can make me forget everything?

I got up from the couch.

D: I'm sorry, you're right, I'm an idiot!

I rolled my eyes and stormed out of his house.

D: Billie!

He ran behind me.

D: Y-your backpack.

He handed me my backpack and i looked for my keys.

I open the door and I almost lost my balance when I saw that!

---

A/n: what do you think it happened? :)