0.40 In Which They Don't Play Fair

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Second Chance at First Line,

To say Scott was reeling would be an understatement. Honestly, he had absolutely no idea how he managed to walk from his spot in front of the school to the boy's locker room, but he was there, stripping out of his uniform, in seconds.

His teammates were already leaving when he glanced around, but he took no notice. It was like he had tunnelled vision, one thought echoing through his mind: Her uncle shot me with a crossbow.

Wow, his first almost-girlfriend, and he managed to choose one that came from a family of freaking werewolf hunters. Stiles was never going to let him hear the end of it.

"Did you apologise to Ellie?" his best friend asked, sounding a bit worried that things didn't go well/ Scott just stared unseeingly at the space in front of him.

"Yeah."

"So, is she giving you a second chance, or..." he trailed off, resisting the urge to chew on the end of his lacrosse glove, like he did whenever he was nervous.

"Yeah."

"Yeah!" Stiles repeated, grinning, "Alright, so everything's good!"

He started to walk away, but Scott's voice brought him back. "No."

Stiles' smile faltered, "No?"

"Remember the hunters?" Scott said, anxiety creeping into his tone as the situation caught up to him, "Her uncle is one of them."

Stiles was quiet for a few moments, before echoing, "Her uncle?" in slight confusion.

"Shot me."

"Allison's father? Ellie's uncle?" Stiles demanded.

"With a crossbow."

"Ellie's uncle?" the shorter boy questioned again.

Scott yelled, "Yes, her uncle!" his breath was laboured, "Oh my god. Oh my god."

Stiles slapped his best friend's face gently, a grimace passing over his mouth, "Scott, come on, snap out of it. You okay? He didn't recognise you, right?"

"No, no, I don't know." His eyes were round, "I don't think so."

"Does Ellie know about him?"

"I-I don't know. What if she does?" The werewolf's face contorted into one of sheer panic. "She's going to kill me man! I can't..."

"Focus on lacrosse, okay?" Stiles grabbed one of the items he'd discarded, "Here, Scott, take this." He bent down to reach for the stick and pushed it into his chest, "Take this, and just focus on lacrosse for now, okay? That's all you've got to do, yeah?" he thumped Scott's shoulder, "Here we go!"

But Scott couldn't concentrate on anything but the fact Ellie's uncle, Allison's father, wanted to kill him. And had almost succeeded in doing so.

When Ellie got home from school, she was attacked by Allison, who was squealing about the apology she had apparently overheard. Ellie didn't really want to talk, she was still kind of upset that he left her stranded at a party with no other way home than to mooch a ride off of a hot, creepy guy in a leather jacket.

Uncle Chris was less than thrilled after seeing the interaction. He'd wanted her to get settled in the town, but apparently holding the attention of a boy was a little too settled. She didn't get what his problem was, but he refused to elaborate, no matter how many times she questioned him.