1.20 In Which He Is A Lunatic

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Lunatic,

Ellie wasn't having a good time.

Being chased around the school for hours had been on Monday, but the establishment itself had been closed for the rest of the week. It was Monday again now, marking a week, and Scott had tried to call her a total of 47 times, and had sent her at least 50 text messages. She'd tried to read them, but then she'd started crying and Allison had to call Stiles to get his best friend to stop hassling her.

"You okay?" her cousin asked, leaning against Ellie's bedroom door frame. "Mum says dinner's ready if you want to eat with us."

"I'm... I'm okay," Ellie brushed her messy hair out of her face and pushed herself into a standing position. "And dinner sounds great." Her stomach grumbled then, as if to prove it.

The girls went down stairs making small talk, before taking their seats at the dining table. All she could think about after seeing it was about the day that Scott ate with them. Everything around seemed to remind her of him, and the fact that she dumped him. She was regretting it so much, but she knew that it was the right thing to do. Besides, just because it was over then didn't mean she wouldn't get over it and then under him in a short amount of time.

They ate, Kate whispering snide comments after most of the things her brother said, and Allison upholding most conversation. Ellie knew that her aunt and uncle were pleased with the break up, but had decided not to say anything. She wasn't sure whether to be thankful or angry.

Her sleep that night was fitful, full of nightmares about being chased down by the... whatever it was. She woke early, getting to shower before Allison, dressed (into a red, sleeveless top with ruffled edges, black jeans and black stiletto heels) and threw her hair into a ponytail.

Ellie was in the kitchen on Tumblr before Allison was even slurping up her cereal. "You're up early," Kate commented, giving her an odd look.

Ellie sighed, "I couldn't sleep."

"Bad dream?"

"Something like that."

Chris insisted on driving the girls to school, and Kate decided to tag along, too. Ellie and Allison both knew that the adults were worried about them, but the degree of the worry was at a strange high. And it wasn't normal worry either. It was like they knew something but they weren't telling the teenagers.

When the SUV parked, both girls reached for the door handles, but neither budged. Allison's lips tightened. "Dad, if you're going to insist on driving us to school, you've got to at least let us out of the car."

His eyes went to the police tape and deputies lining the building. "Kate, what's your opinion on home schooling?"

"You know," Kate said, smirking, "I'm more of a learning-by-doing kind of girl."

"What's your opinion on overprotective uncles who keep ruining their niece's lives?" Ellie asked, scowling, with her hand still firmly on the handle.

The older woman glanced back at her, before grinning and unlocking the doors. The three girls shared a smile, then the teenagers were out and walking together to the school doors.

With Lydia later that day, they shoved their way through the crowds. Ellie had successfully managed to avoid Scott, so she was in a good mood, but Allison kept staring over her shoulder like she was afraid 'Derek' would come and get them.

"It's weird," she said softly, "Everybody's talking about what happened that night and nobody knows it was us."

Lydia snorted, "Thank you for the protection of minors," she said, looking up at the ceiling.