0.80 In Which He May Yet Survive The Night

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Scott grabbed the last of the bags, tuning out the voices of Ellie and Allison discussing what happened and the sound of Victoria putting things in cupboards. He made his way to the door, faltering slightly when he saw Chris appear, lips pressed together, and a dark look in his eyes.

He opened his arms, ready to take the last brown bag, and he passed it to him. "Thank you."

Scott's phone dinged with a message, and he pulled it out to see a text from Stiles.

Stiles:

Derek not looking good.

He looked up when Ellie walked out, smiling bashfully with red cheeks. "Do you still want to study?" he asked, knowing that her uncle wouldn't let him back in the house.

"I think she'll concentrate better on her own." He said coldly, proving the teenager's point.

"I guess I'll see you later then," Scott said awkwardly, noticing the way Ellie's face had turned annoyed.

"At school," Chris broke in. Scott took a step closer to his girlfriend, going for a hug goodbye, but her uncle stopped him. "You, on your bike. You, inside."

"Oh, come on, Chris," Kate rolled her eyes, approaching the trip from where she'd been stood locking up the car, "They were making out in the garage not shooting amateur porn," - The teenager's faces grew red - "You, with the adorable brown eyes, drop your bike. You're staying for dinner."

Ellie looked at her aunt, wide eyed, but followed her in anyway. Allison was stood a little way inside, grinning. "So, not shooting amateur porn?" she asked teasingly, "Just making out? I bet dad is so relieved."

Ellie smacked her cousin, scowling, but she soon giggled along with her. "I don't even get why Uncle Chris gets so protective of me. He's not my dad."

They were sat at the dining table, which was weird. They usually just took their food and sat in front of the television, laughing and discussing whatever show was on. Victoria and Chris were at either end of the table, Scott and Ellie next to each other, opposite Allison and Kate.

"Would you like something to drink other than water, Scott?" Victoria asked, a large, fake smile on her face. Ellie, Allison and Kate exchanged a look.

"Uh, no." he put his glass back down on the table, "I'm good, thanks."

"We could get you some beer," Chris suggested.

"No, thanks," Scott declined confusedly.

"Shot of tequila?" Chris smiled maliciously.

"Dad!" Allison said quickly, glaring.

"Lay off, Uncle Chris," Ellie said hotly, "And if you're offering him all that stuff, could I at least have some? You've been hiding the liquor ever since I got here."

Chris ignored his niece. "You don't drink, Scott?"

"I'm not old enough to," he answered seriously, and Ellie grabbed his hand under the table. The gesture made his entire body relax.

"That doesn't seem to stop many teenagers," Victoria looked pointedly at Ellie, who gave her most innocent smile.

Scott squeezed her hand, "No, but it should."

"Good answer," Kate complimented jovially, "Total lie, but well played Scott." She and Allison looked at each other before saying at the same time, "You may yet survive the night."

It was quiet for a few moments, before Chris said, "Have you ever smoked pot?"

Scott choked on his water, and Kate laughed. "Okay," she said, brandishing her fork in a way that was supposed to silence her brother, "Changing the channel to something a little less conservative. So, Scott, Ellie mentioned you're on the lacrosse team,"