1.80 In Which Water Runs Thicker Than Blood

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Code breaker,

Scott McCall was a werewolf. A freaking werewolf. He was of werewolf status. He was like a really lame Remus Lupin – or, what, was he like that other one? Fenrir Greyback, the bad one who sided with You-Know-Who? Oh, God, was Scott killing people? Had he killed people? Would he kill her?

Ellie really hoped he wouldn't kill her.

But he'd told her he loved her. He'd looked into her eyes and said "because I love you". Was she supposed to know if that was true or not? Was he just saying that? Was he lying? She hoped he wasn't lying. She really, really, really hoped he wasn't lying. But what if he had been? What if he'd just been pretending to care about her to get closer to her uncle?

And he hadn't stayed to talk to her. He'd just hopped off of the cars and ran into the woods, letting Chris handle Ellie. She wondered if it would always be like this. If they would even be together anymore. If she even wanted them to be together anymore.

The other car – the black SUV – peeled out of the car park, presumably to follow Scott, and Ellie stumbled out of the bus. Her legs felt numb, her head light, and she didn't know what to do. How to react.

Chris caught her before she face-planted on the floor, muttering, "It's alright. You're alright. Everything is okay, Ellie,"

But it wasn't okay. Her boyfriend was a freaking werewolf.

He led her away, to his car, and helped her inside. She couldn't plug in her seatbelt, she was shaking so much, but he did it for her. For once, she wasn't resenting him for trying to act like her father. The maternal instincts he had were comforting; even if they did make her wish her own parents were still there.

The drive back to the Argent household was in silence. Uncle Chris was seething, but Ellie could barely think about anything other than a pair of glowing gold eyes. She wondered how many times she'd have to repeat in her mind that Scott was a werewolf before it stopped being so nauseating.

Ellie and Allison were herded in Ellie's bedroom, Allison clutching at her cousins hand and listening to her mother explain what had happened. The girls both sat on her bed, neither talking, and heard the sound of china smashing downstairs.

Ellie surmised that Chris figured out that Kate had told them about the family business.

Victoria was busy rooting through Ellie's wardrobe, throwing things next to them on the bed and opening an almost comically large duffel bag. Ellie wondered if that bag usually held guns.

"I'm not sure how long you'll be." The older woman said. Apparently, they were sending her and Allison away with Kate, to get out of danger. Ellie didn't want to leave; she had to talk to Scott. Not to mention the really bad feeling she had about Lydia – she'd disappeared during the dance, she'd noticed, and hadn't come back. And she could've sworn she'd heard screaming sometime during her mental breakdown in the bus. Maybe she was imagining it. She hoped she was. "Do you want me to pick out anything specific?"

Allison shook her head, but Ellie said nothing. "Ellie?" her aunt prompted.

"I just saw my boyfriend turn into a werewolf." Ellie said flatly, "I honestly couldn't care less about what clothes your packing, Aunt Victoria."

"Alright," she said, smiling, "I'll grab some things myself."

Ellie's phone rang, but before she could reach it, her aunt lunged and turned it off. "Was that Scott?"

She hoped it was Scott.

"No," Victoria said, frowning, "Somebody named Jackson."

Allison shared a look with her cousin. "What are you going to do to him?" she asked tentatively, not missing Ellie's flinch at the idea that they'd do anything to hurt him.