2.00 Epilogue ➳

• Dedicated to everyone who's ever read this

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Chris Argent wasn't oblivious to the looks passing between his niece and Scott. They were staring at each other with wide, doe-like eyes – the eyes of two people who desperately wanted to talk to each other. He also wasn't oblivious to the fact that he was the only one holding them back from each other.

He didn't like the idea of his sister's daughter – the little girl he used to sneak cupcakes when she was eleven - being in love with a werewolf, but he honestly doubted that anything he said would make a difference to them. Chris would have to threaten them into submission, he knew. That, however, could definitely wait. He'd let them bask in the feeling for a while.

Ellie was in the back of her uncle's car, nodding along to the music. She couldn't quite come to terms with the fact that her aunt was dead. Like, actually dead, and she wasn't coming back. There wasn't a resurrection spell she could conjure up like Bonnie Bennett, and she didn't have the power of resurgence like Misty Day. Kate was gone – forever gone – and she was helpless.

It wasn't that she didn't know that her aunt was a bad person. She was. Kate plotted and schemed and then burned Derek Hale's family alive. Peter Hale was a casualty, yet the only survivor, and Ellie could sympathise with him – kind of. Killing people wasn't the moral way to go about things, but if her parents had been murdered, if they hadn't willingly taken their lives, then she would probably go hunting for those who did it, too. She wouldn't show any mercy.

Allison was sat next to her, crying silently. Her brown hair was yanked back into a ponytail and her eyes were dull. The death had taken its toll on the other Argent teen, and Ellie couldn't help but get the sick feeling in her gut at the sight of her cousin. She looked like she wouldn't be able to come back from this. She looked like she was ready to avenge Kate – even if Peter was dead. It was like she wanted to start a war against the werewolves for killing someone she cared about, even though that person actually deserved it. If she'd gone to prison, it would be to the chair for Kate anyway. Or the noose. Whatever they used for the death penalty nowadays. Maybe an injection?

The drive barely lasted ten minutes, but they felt like the longest ten minutes of Ellie's life. Tension inside the car was almost unbearable, with her uncle's heavy breathing and the muted sobs that had started to resonate through Allison's chest and into the air.

When they reached home, her cousin ran to the bathroom to shower with barely a muttered 'move' to her mother, who waited by the front door. Chris went to talk to his wife for a few moments, but told Ellie to wait for him in her room. She did so, knowing that he would explain everything to her now. Finally.

She changed from her dirty clothes when she got there, and instead donned her oversized Metallica shirt and pyjama bottoms. She checked her phone for messages from Scott, but there were none. Ellie guessed that he was recuperating with Stiles, maybe checking on Lydia. Hell, he may even have been threatening Jackson into never telling anyone anything about the werewolf epidemic in Beacon Hills and explaining to him that if he did, he'd wake up the next morning breathing through a tube.

Ellie sat, facing her television, and decided that there was no point in waiting aimlessly. She may as well watch TV instead.

So, she flicked to Drake and Josh, and was instantly transported into a much safer world with good-looking guitar players and evil little sisters.

Chris entered the room halfway into her fifth episode. Ellie gave him a death stare for making her wait so long (and for interrupting her DaJ time), but allowed him to take a seat next to her.