04| Airport Girl

This chapter is dedicated to Oluwadamilolaoyewole thanks a lot for your votes I'm grateful 👏👏keep supporting and share.
-------------

The hall was filled with people. I couldn't even spot a seat anywhere. I could hear whispers fill the air as people noticed my presence.

I was still searching for somewhere to sit when I heard "Isabella Nwankwo, would you mind giving us a morning motivational speech? " the principal who was standing on the podium said holding the mic.

"yes I mind! I just got here and haven't even gotten a sit" I wanted to shout but I quietly cat walked to the podium instead.

I despised my schools tradition of every morning motivational speech but I had no choice. Most especially now I've been called to give one.

Mrs Sharon who was the principal, gave me the mic and stepped aside.
I wasn't shaken or filled with stage fright because I was used to this-talking to a large number of people.

"Good morning all" I greeted not exactly expecting them to respond.

"good morning!" almost everyone chorused and I was surprised thinking that they would be tongue tied or something.

"most of of you might know me, I'm Isabella Nwankwo and my speech today is on.... " I hesitated "second chances "
A fresh start of whispers were heard...again.

O boy! This school can gossip for Africa. Even the boys sef.

Not minding the noise I continued "They say everyone deserves a second chance.... "

Surprisingly, everyone listened till the end. Without any interruptions. To think I didn't even prepare for this.
When I was done, a round of applause erupted from every hand in the room.
Feeling smart, I cat walked to a seat on the last row of the lined up benches in the hall with my bag in one hand.

"that was a nice and unique speech" I heard Mrs Sharon complement while I took a seat.

"nice speech" someone beside me said. I turned to see it was a fair handsome looking guy on my right.

"thanks" I replied with a little smile.

"I'm Joshua" he puts out a hand

"I'm.... "

"Isabella, I know" he cut me off with a smile. So he remembered my name, interesting. I took his hand in for a handshake.
We both smiled genuinely.
Maybe my coming back here won't be that bad after all.

After further announcements and bla bla bla, we were dismissed and asked to go to our classrooms.

---

I walked into my supposed class and scanned the room.

I was happy to see that Tayo, Daniel and my bestie, Sandra happened to be in my class.

I looked around to see Joshua smiling at me. He stood up from where he was sitted to come and meet me and I was nervous. I mean, he's so handsome and good looking and had the voice that can make any girl melt so why wouldn't I be nervous.

"Bella you're in this class?" he asked looking very happy.

"yeah I am" I was trying so hard to hide my nerves.

"well, that's good" he smiled.
Someone should hold me o before I start drooling.

"Josh! What are you doing here, come to our seat" one yeye girl said coming out of nowhere with that her stupid American accent.
Wait a minute, I've heard that voice somewhere.

The girl looked up at me and I was doing the same. She looked surprised.

"I saw you at the assembly but I wasn't sure it was you" she folded her arms with a disgust look on her face. I immediately recognized her. It was the girl at the airport. The one that was running her mouth like tap.

"you two know each other?" Joshua asked obviously looking confused.

"yes we do" the girl replied

"I only saw you at the airport, that doesn't mean I actually know you" I said

"wait, so you don't remember me" she asked looking shocked.
Look at this yeye girl o, I've never seen her before sef.

"I don't know you from anywhere. I saw you for the first time at the airport" I said still trying to remember if I know her. Joshua was only staring at us.

She shook her head in disbelief before dragging Joshua by the arm to their seat. Is she his sister or girlfriend.

Someone blind folded my eyes with their palms from behind and I wondered who it could be.
I scent professional perfume which the person was wearing and I realized who it was.

"Tayo?" I said while taking his hands off my eyes and I was right. I saw Sandra and Daniel standing behind him.

"Bellaaaa!" Sandra screamed making the whole class stare at us. She hugged me tightly and I hugged back.

"Daniel told us you were coming today and we couldn't wait to see you" Tayo said with a huge smile.

"and you left without saying anything " Sandra said finally releasing me.

"I know and I had a serious reason for leaving which I will explain very soon but not here and now " I said particularly looking at Daniel who nodded and smiled in return.

We took our seats and kept talking and laughing as they told me everything I missed.

I was happy to be back with my clique once again.

A/N
thank you all for your support towards this book.
Please comment, share and most importantly VOTE!
Please VOTE right now to help others read the book.
Till next time...