15| Silver bars

Dedicated to ayoadeniyi thanks for your support.

ISABELLA

Life is unpredictable
It's unbelievable
Life is surprising
But not pleasing

Too bad I had to realize all this in prison.

Steph wasn't dead, at least not yet. They charged me with attempted murder and here I am.

In case you're wondering, I'm eighteen. If Stephanie dies, I'm done for life. My parents have done everything in their power to get me out of here but Steph's family was very influential and powerful.

I know, you want to know how prison life is right? Well, it's hell on earth.

It smells like gutters in here, but you get used to the scent when you spend a year here. The food is little, tasteless and worthless.
Since I've been here, two people have threatened to stab me, thank God that hasn't happened... yet.

The officer called me out, saying I had a visitor. I already knew who it was. My mom or my step-dad, Tony.

I was wrong. It wasn't any of them. It was someone I hadn't seen in forever.

"Tayo" I smiled before taking a seat in front of him on the wooden bench.

"Bella, how are you doing?" I noticed the mustache beneath his nose.

"I'm alive" I said weakly. There was a brief silence before I asked "how's everybody?"

"and my 'everybody' you mean who exactly?" he played charade

"Daniel, Sandra, Katerina, Joshua.... "

"They're there" he cut me off "Daniel, is just there. Nothing new. Sandra just came back to school for her WAEC exams... "

"What do you mean she came back to school? Hasn't she been in school all this time?"

"You didn't know?" Tayo asked making me roll my eyes

"know what?" I asked

"Sandra already put to bed" he replied. Now, I was confused.

"No, she had an abortion"

"that's what she told you?" Tayo asked "Sandra gave birth to Daniel's son"

Now, I felt like a bomb just hit me. I never saw this coming, I could have never imagined something like this. I was silent for awhile, still trying to process the information.

"Are you okay?" Tayo asked

"I'm... fine" I lied "So what now? Are they getting married?"

"That was the plan according to Sandra's family, but Dan's family refused that he'd marry Sandra" Tayo replied

"What about Daniel, does he want to marry her?" I was eager to know if Daniel was ready to commit himself to marriage... with Sandra.

"I don't know, we're all just waiting to write our exams and go our separate ways" Tayo said with a sad tone.

"I heard you and Katerina broke up?"