10| Put in a family way

Dedicated to lexicon75 thanks for the review-like comments. And check out his book "Daniella" it's amazing!

ISABELLA

10 missed calls.

It's a good thing I silenced my phone last night 'cause Sandra wouldn't stop calling me.

Yes, Sandra was my best friend but sometimes I prefer a sound sleep to her midnight chit chat.
She was probably calling to tell me what she would want to buy at the mall and blah blah blah...

In order to be a good best friend, I'll call her back.

(Ringing)

"Sandra, I saw your missed calls. What's the problem? This better be important 'cause I ----"

"Bella I'm pregnant" she was crying.

Pregnant?

This can't be. It's a just a silly joke.

But she's crying...

"I... How?..." I was short of words. I've never been in a situation like this and I don't know what to say.

"Bella I don't know what to do... My parents.... "

"Calm down" I said. I was not even calm myself. "tell me, how did this happen?"

"I missed my period and I went to the doctor yesterday and he confirmed that I'm pregnant... Bella my parents don't know and they're going to..." she wasn't able to finish her sentence because tears took over.

I saw myself crying as well. How could she let such a thing happen. How could she be so stupid.

"Sandra who... " I choked on my tears "who's the... father?"

Silence...

Prolonged silence...

"Sandra are you there?"

"Bella I'll talk to you later. We'll see at the mall, I really have to go now" she cut the call before I could respond.

I wiped the tears off my face.

Before throwing myself on the bed as I faced the ceiling and kept wondering if this was a nightmare.

Sandra wasn't dating anyone so I had no clue who the father of her child was. She didn't even seem to like any guy so far.

Sandra, what have you gotten yourself into?

I wasn't expecting her to come to the mall today but she said she was going to come.
Maybe she only wanted to speak to me one on one.

I still can't believe this...

Now, I didn't feel like going anywhere anymore. But I didn't want to disappoint Joshua or Daniel 'cause he's been looking forward to this day.

***

"please you guys should behave yourself when they get here oo" that was mum talking about her fiancee and his daughter's arrival which was still tomorrow.