40| Cloud Nine

Isabella

"Ouch! Nicky be careful" I said to the hair stylist as she pulled my hair into a bun.

"Sorry," the brunet mumbled. "I'm done" she announced before I scrutinized my reflection in the mirror. I smiled with satisfaction.

I was wearing a red tea length dress and my red lipstick and shoes fit the dress perfectly. My hair was pulled into a tie bun and my eyebrows were neatly drawn to complement the long artificial eyelashes.

I elegantly walked out of the room and downstairs where Harry was waiting patiently.

"Please, I'm looking for Isabella Nwankwo. Have you seen her around?" he asked me as soon I got to where he stood. I was blushing so uncontrollably.

"Stop joking around" I grinned while hitting his shoulder playfully. He was wearing a black fitted tux and he'd jelled his hair.

"Let's go then, the limo is waiting outside" said Harry. I felt my purse vibrating and I opened it and retrieved my phone. It was Chase calling. I sighed and turned off my phone.

"Let's go. Shall we?" I said to Harry before we entangled our arm and headed out to the limo.

_____________________

As usual, the light coming from the hundreds of cameras was blinding. I immediately put on my rehearsed plastic smile as soon as stepped out of the limo.

I posed for a few pictures before entering the main building. The place was massive with a pool and water fountain. There were celebrities everywhere. From both the Music Industry and movie industry.

One thing I hated about these events was that all eyes would be on you.

I exchanged pleasantries and took pictures with the people I was familiar with including my costars from the last movie I did- Chasing Charlotte.

"I forgot to tell you, you'll be meeting my fiancee. She said she's coming" Harry said to me. I knew he was engaged. He had told me about it when I returned to the US but he never mentioned anything about meeting her so I was a little shocked.

We found the celebrant, Jim Harrington and he was so delighted to see me. I took so many pictures with him because I would definitely wish him a happy Birthday on social media. He was my mentor. Someone who believed in me when no one thought I would make it in Hollywood. Without him, I would be no one today.

After I'd taken pictures with Jim, I was on my phone throughout the event. In a minute, my birthday post got two thousand likes and the comments we're much more.

My head was buried down in my phone when someone held my right hand making me to immediately look up.

It was Joshua Stevens. I couldn't believe it. "May I have this dance?" he asked with his outstretched hand. I looked around to see that a few people were already staring so I couldn't possibly refuse.

My heart was racing. Is this a dream? I took his hand and we walked slowly to the dance floor where a few other people were slow dancing.

It was then I'd realized why people had been staring at us. Josh was putting on a red tux. The exact shade of red as my dress and it also had the same black design as my dress.

"I thought it would be nice to get something matching your dress" he said as if he read my mind. He was so handsome and the lights that illuminated his fair skin wasn't helping matters.

"B-but how did you know..." we were now dancing slowly to the music with my hand on his shoulder and his hand on my waist.

"You're a celebrity and I have money so... I just had to call your stylist and find out what you'd be wearing" he bragged with a smirk.

I'm so firing Nicky.

"What exactly are you doing here, Joshua Stevens?" it was as though I'd suddenly lost my voice or maybe it's because I was lost in his charisma. "Do you even know me?"

"I know you, Isabella Nwankwo" he said with all certainty. I loved the way my name sounded when he calls it. "You're the only one who can help me regain my memory, Bella. My life revolves around you. It always has and that's why I need you..."

"I'm not supposed to come anywhere close to you" I cut him off remembering what his mom had said.

"Don't listen to my mom or anyone else. Just... Help me... Please" he pleaded with me and I didn't know why I suddenly started feeling emotional because my eyes was suddenly teary.

I rested my head on his chest as we kept moving slowly to the rhythm of the song.

I could see Steph and Harry holding hands and smiling and I was flabbergasted. I never knew they knew each other.

"I will help you regain your memory Joshua. No matter what it takes" I said in a whisper but he heard me clearly.

"I love you, Bella" I heard him say. Hearing him say that made feel like I was on cloud nine and I couldn't help but smile and blush.

We stayed like that for a very long time before I looked up and we just smiled at each other like newly weds.

I looked behind Josh to see that someone was angrily approaching us. And he was walking really fast to where we stood.

Chase.

A/N: Forty chapters!!! Yay!!!
Please head to the TheAfricanAwards 2019 and nominate Isabella for an award, preferably "Brown Skin Girl" category. Just go to the chapter that says "NOMINATE" and you'll understand everything.

Thanks for reading 💟💗💞