49| Mr. Stevens, I'm sorry

Bella

I watched as Trump danced with his parents on the dance floor. Of course, Sandra looked stunning in her wedding dress, no doubt. Daniel was grinning and laughing all through and I couldn't help but wonder if his cheeks weren't hurting by down.

We were all on the dance floor. Tayo and Trina kept staring and each other like they just met. We were supposed to be slow dancing but Trina was obviously lost in the moment. She was also wearing the replica of my dress. We were both Sandra's bridesmaid for the day.

Harry and Stephanie were on the other side of the room doing there thing. They were definitely a perfect match and in as much as Harry never liked discussing his love life with me, I knew he was happy. Harry was like the brother I never had and I'm thankful that he fell in love with the sister of the love of my life.

"Let's get married" Joshua whispered in my ear, bringing me out of my thoughts. I immediately turned to him with a surprised look. He had his hand round my waist and I had my hands around his neck. His men-in-suite outfit made him looked hot. Tayo was also wearing the same tux since he was the best man but I found Josh much more handsome.

"Get married?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I mean, there's no need to wait" Josh said with all seriousness. I only smiled before resting my head on his chest.

The wedding reception went as smooth as the ceremony itself. I was so delighted that Daniel and Sandra were finally married. It was comforting to know that after everything we'd been through, we still had a chance to be happy in the end.

The following day, the newly wedded couple left for their honeymoon in Dubai with their son. They got their happy ending.

____________

How could I have thought that Josh and I would have a happy ending just like Sandra and Daniel?

I hated myself and my existence. Everything about me was just bad luck. Now, I could never get married to the love of my life because I can't be a woman. I'm a disgrace to womanhood.

I couldn't stop crying on my way home. I couldn't believe it, I didn't want to believe it but it was true and I had to face the reality sooner or later. God! What did I do wrong to deserve this?

I know I've done horrible things in my life but why this?

This is the worst punishment!

I wanted to end my life. There was no more point in living. I couldn't marry Josh, ever. I would forever live in guilt if I ever happen to get married to Josh knowing I'd make him unhappy whenever he laid eyes on me.

"What's the problem?" Josh asked after I'd showed up on his doorstep. "Why are you crying?"

"We can't get married" I said firmly while wiping my tears. Josh closed the door behind him and stepped out on the porch with a confused look.

"Where's this coming from?" he asked. "Bella, tell me what the problem is, please" he holds my hands firmly while he pleads.

"I've been visiting the hospital for months now and they've all been saying the same thing" I tried to explain to him but my own tears were choking me and I just couldn't stop crying.

"Bella, talk to me. Why have you been going to the hospital?" he asked. I could tell he was worried sick and I could imagine what must've been going through his mind at that moment.

"I can't have children, Josh" I replied. "I'm barren" he froze, just like I'd expected him to. "That's why we can't get married. I can't give you children Josh"

Silence.

"Please say something" I pleaded while looking at his shocked state.

"I love you" was the only thing he said.

"What?" I was shocked, "Josh, did you hear me?"

"I heard you"he smiled, "I love you, Isabella Nwankwo and nothing can change that"

"But I can't give you children. Don't you get that?"

"So? We'll adopt" he shrugged with a smile, "I love you and I'm going to marry you. Nothing on this earth is going to change that, you hear me? You are a wonderful, strong, woman with or without a child. I love you for who you are and not because of what you can give me"

The only thing I could do was just cry and Josh pulled me closer and let me cry on his shoulder. Would I ever be truly happy? I didn't know the answer to that. Neither of did.

We're all human. This is life. Things happen to us but they don't define us. Isabella too is a human being, and that is her life. She can't have children, that's something she has to live with but that doesn't define her.

Thanks for coming this far...

Isabella love you 💖