08| Rivals

ISABELLA

"why wasn't I informed since I came back?" I asked looking from my mom to Joy.

"don't look at me, I didn't know oo" Joy defended herself.

"it was just yesterday" mom explained.

"wow" said Joy.

"who is he?" I asked.

I can't believe my mom is getting married. This seems like a dream to me. But this was bound to happen anyway since my parents got divorced ages ago it was only a matter of time and the time had finally come.

"you don't know him but he's coming with his daughter on Sunday" mom was smiling now. Actually, she was blushing.

Hold on...

He has a daughter?

That means...

Stepsister!

"how old is his daughter?" I asked

"I haven't met her but she's the same age as you" mom replied.

Just great!

On the bright side, I don't have to change diapers or take care of a little annoying girl.

But my mom was kinda selfish for not thinking or even considering how this was going to change our lives. She didn't even seek for our opinions. But then again, that's my mum for you.

****

KATERINA

"but mayam, dah your fada gerfren she fine? " that was Nina with her horrible Calabar accent. She found it difficult to speak correct English. ((but madam, that your father's girlfriend, is she beautiful?)).

"Nina I don't know. I haven't met her" I was getting tired of her ridiculous interrogation. She was putting my clothes in order while I was trying to sleep.

Did I mention she smelled like fish? It was starting to irritate me and I'm pretty sure I would vomit anytime from now.

"you know what?" I said getting up "just leave that I'll do it myself. You can go"

She was about to say something but I just said "just go" and she left.

She talks a lot.

And if you're wondering, yes, my room still smelled like fish.

I took my phone and went downstairs to the sitting room to watch TV and that's when they took light.

So they were waiting for me to come!

Having nothing else to do. I scrolled through my Facebook feed until I received a message.

Tayo Akindele
how you?

Me
You saw me 2day. I'm fine.