37| Melanin Beauty

Joshua's POV

"Sweetheart, I think this would be a lovely venue for the reception" Amanda showed me a picture on the wedding magazine she was reading.

"Yeah, it's really nice" I lied just for her to get out of my hair. Who wants to have their wedding reception in a garden?

Sounds like a perfectly boring wedding to me.

To be honest, nothing about this wedding interested me. Nothing about this life interested me. What was the point when I'd already lost my memory?

"Seems like you have amnesia. This was due to the accident. You will not be able to remember anything" those were the doctor's exact words when they'd finished running tests on me.

I couldn't even recognize my own mother.

The woman sitting next to me right now claims to be a fiance, how do I know she's telling the truth.

Although mom had confirmed that Amanda was indeed my wife to be, something just felt off. And now, the whole world seems to be pushing me into marriage.

Although I'd almost died and lost my memory, I was still glad I woke up a billionaire.

Some things still felt familiar and looked familiar to me and in as much as I tried to remember some things, it was never clear.

The doctor said that I might regain my memory and I might not. It was all frustrating for me not being able to recall moments and simple facts like my birthday.

I knew how to talk, walk, get dressed, have a bath, eat and even write then why can't I remember faces?

Except this particular face.

The beautiful melanin girl that keeps appearing in my dreams. Of course, I had no idea who she was but I could remember seeing her face vividly in my dreams. She was a beauty.

I mindlessly changed the channel with the TV remote control button while Amanda still had her face in the magazine she was reading.

A stopped when I found a channel that was advertising a movie. "Loving Charlotte, season premiere, March third! Staring; Amanda Jones... David Gaston... Isabella Nwankwo..." Amanda turned off the TV and I immediately turned to her with a questioning look.

"I was watching that!"

"That movie is annoying" she said dropping the remote on the table.

"Who is Isabella Nwankwo?" I asked.

"She's just this... annoying actress" she said still looking at her magazine. "Why are you asking?"

"Her name sounds Nigerian" I replied. "I'm I supposed to know her?, since she's a Nigerian actress and I'm a producer..."

Amanda dropped her magazine, rolled her eyes before turning to me, "Darling, you don't know. She's just an annoying bitch"

"Sounds like you hate her. Do you know her... Personally?" I asked studying Amanda's reaction. She seemed to uncomfortable talking about the actress.

"I met her once," she sighed. "She's just so sassy and arrogant. She thinks just because she slept her way to the Hollywood screens, she can have any man she wants..." Amanda immediately stopped talking as if to realize something. She must've made that last sentence by mistake.

"Seems like you know her really well. And what do you mean she thinks she can have any man she wants?" I asked Amanda. This particular actress seemed like an interesting person.

"Well, she tried to snatch my friend's fiance just because she has known the guy longer" Amanda blabbed.

"Hmm... Okay. So how do you know she slept her way to Hollywood?" I was getting more intrigued with the topic.

"Oh please, how many Nigerians have made it to Hollywood and got to star in award winning movies in less than seven years?" said Amanda. "I'm sure she must've slept with as many producers and directors as she could. She can deceive the whole world, but definitely not me"

"Wow, you really hate this Isabella, huh?"

"Just forget about it cupcake," she rubbed my cheeks. "That girl is just bad news"

Charles, our butler walked and cleared his throat, "It's time" he said and I already knew what he meant. My mom had specifically asked me and Amanda come to the airport and pick her up..

She had left the US a week after I left the hospital to attend to some business in London. She was coming back to the US today.

"Well, let's go then. We don't want to keep my mother in-law waiting" said Amanda while she pulled me up from the couch.

_________________________

I sat in the back seat with Amanda next to me while Charles was behind the steering. The doctor had asked me not to drive till further notice. No one had any idea if I still knew how to drive.

We arrived at the airport on time to notices that my mom's flight had just landed.

As we sat and waited for her, Charles would try to block out fans and paparazzi from approaching up. I knew this was a bad idea.

I'd stayed away from social media but I still saw it on the TV. Everyone wanted to know what was going on with Joshua Stevens.

Soon, I noticed that all the fans and paparazzi had left our side. While screaming, they rushed to the someone who seemed to have just gotten off the plane.

"Oh my Gosh... It's Isabella Nwako" the teenage girl pronounced the surname wrong with her American accent. That made me laugh a bit.

I stood up immediately to see her. I needed to see the Isabella Nwankwo Amanda hated so much.

She seemed like an interesting person.

I was left in awe when I'd finally laid eyes on the goddess.

She smiled while signing autographs. She was wearing sunglasses that complemented her melanin skin. When she removed the sunglasses, she looked much more beautiful and... Familiar?

She looked exactly like the girl I saw in my dreams.

But who was the blonde idiot holding her hand?

A/N: Things are getting interesting so quick 😧

Please vote and comment your thoughts.

Do check out my other books if you haven't.

Remain blessed ♥