24| Drunk

I was dumbfounded. If only there was a way for the ground to open up and I would jump in, I would.

Josh kept looking at us as though he wanted an explanation, "I came to tell you that were leaving," said Josh.

"Uhm.. Okay," I said he walked away. I could tell that he wanted to be anywhere but here.

I turned to Daniel who still had a ring in his hand, "Wh-"

"Before you say anything," he cut me off "the ring isn't for you,"

"Excuse me?"

He had an amused look on his face. He was definitely going to burst into laughter any moment, "I wasn't going to propose to you. You're already engaged silly,"

I won't lie. I felt slightly offended and angry but I wanted to know who the ring was for.

"Who is it for?" I asked with a straight face as I stood in akimbo.

"I was going to ask for your permission to propose to Sandra," he said and my eyes widened, "And I didn't know if she likes diamonds,"
I squealed in excitement before taking a closer look at the ring. It was gorgeous.

"Keep your voice down," Dan said before looking to see if anyone was coming.

"She'll love it," I said before giving the small box back to him "but I have one question though,"

"you're wondering how I suddenly fell in love with her," He said as if he'd read my thoughts. I only nodded as I waited for his response.

"Well, I realized I've been taking her for granted," he started, "when you left back then, she was by my side. She was always there when I needed her but I guess I didn't realize my feelings for her because I was obsessed with you,"

I kept quiet.

Of course I was happy for them but call me insecure and selfish 'cause I was a bit angry.

I was angry because I just realized that every guy in my life was never in love with me. Tayo. Joshua. Daniel. Chase.

It was either they were obsessed or they were lusting or they were just playing games with me.

I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me that Chase wasn't in love with me in as much as he wants to be. Daniel confessing about his obsession over me made me realize that Chase only wanted to get married so badly because I told him we weren't going to have sex till after marriage.

It made me realize that Tayo was probably obsessed with me too. Starting from that day we kissed and kept it a secret from Daniel. I was just some trophy girlfriend.

And as for Joshua, he only wanted to play games with me.

"Isabella, please say something," Daniel pleaded

"I'm happy for you," I said with a weak smile. "you have my blessing," we both laughed.

"Thanks,"

Katerina's POV
"There's this restaurant I think you'd like, their food is amazing," Tayo said as he helped me clear the table, "we should go there sometime,"

"Okay," I knew this was his way of asking me on a date but I wasn't surprised because Tayo was never a romantic person. I could remember when he asked me to be his girlfriend out of the blue in front of everyone and then kissed me just like that.

"Why are you smiling at that plate?" Tayo asked.

"Nothing. I was remembering something," I said before heading towards the kitchen with the dishes. Tayo followed me with some plates in his hand. "You never finished telling me that story about the time Isabella put glue on a teacher's chair,"

Tayo laughed as he remembered the moment, "That was one the most epic moments of highschool, I swear" he shook his head in amusement.

"I would have loved to meet that rebellious, fearless and badass Isabella," I said.

"Trust me my dear, you wouldn't," said Isabella as she walked into the kitchen with a glass of wine in her hand.

"Why not?" I asked. I began washings the dishes while Tayo rinsed them.

"Because, we were enemies at first," she stated as a matter of fact, "if you had met the dangerous and wild me, I would have made your life a living hell,"

"She's right," said Tayo who stood next to me, "she once shaved Sandra's eyebrows off while she was asleep,"

"What? I thought she was your best friend?" I directed the question to Bella who sat on the kitchen counter drinking from her glass.

She laughed as she remembered that moment, "there's something she did that made me angry. I can't remember,"

Bella called for Sandra immediately and it didn't take long for her to walk into the kitchen.

"Do you remember that time I shaved your eyebrows?" Bella asked Sandra.

Sandra started laughing while nodding her head.

"What happened that day sef?" Bella asked Sandra.

"It was your birthday and you asked me to go and get your cake and I forgot it in the bus on my way back," Sandra said in between laughs.

"And that day, she slept over and I took the opportunity to take revenge," Bella laughed

"But you're mean though," said Sandra, "you acted like you forgave me and then waited for me to sleep," we all laughed wholeheartedly.

"You should have seen Sandra that week," Tayo said to me, "she looked like a ghost," we all laughed again while Sandra threw a rag at Tayo.

"No seriously, Tayo we should've taken a picture of her so we could show it to Trump," Bella said making us laugh more.

"I think Daniel took a picture, I'll ask him if he still has it," Tayo said only to tease Sandra. There was no way Daniel would keep a scary picture from eight years ago.

We might be adults now but we still behaved like teenagers. I missed my teenage years.

We talked and laughed so hard remembering funny moments from our highschool days. We even made fun of some of our former teachers.

My phone rang and I picked it up from where I'd kept it on the counter. It was Mr. Ferdinand, my private detective.

I was about to excuse myself when I heard Sandra asking Bella how many glasses of wine she had. Bella sounded a little drunk.

"Hello, Mr. Ferdinand," I was already out of the kitchen.

"I found her," he informed me. I was happy and relieved with the news.

"You did?" I asked to be sure.

"Yes ma. I'll send you an address of where you'll find her," he said before hanging up.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled Bella into the empty sitting room for some privacy.

"What's the matter?" Bella asked. She was definitely drunk but wasn't going to stop me from telling her what I was about to tell her.

"I found our mother," I said.

"What are you talking about?" Bella asked

"Bella, I found our biological mother," Bella passed out.

Thank you for reading! Keep voting and commenting. Love youu!!