35| Love is Timeless

Isabella

I never thought her death would affect me so much.

What was I thinking, she was my biological mother. Her death was bound to affect me.

I thought Katerina and I were done crying at the hospital the day she died but I was wrong. So wrong.

We'd cried more at her funeral and even more after that.

To think there was so much I wanted to tell her. Of course, I'd only realised this after she died.

I hated myself for not telling her I'd forgiven her. I regretted not telling her how much I loved her despite everything.

It had been a week already since her death and burial but Katerina rarely left her room.

"Trina, open the door" I kept knocking at her door for her to open up but she didn't. "Katerina come on, we have to do this today"

We were supposed to meet the knew manager of the restaurant our mom left behind. We decided it would be a good idea to keep the restaurant open since we'd inherited it.

"I'm going to go alone if you don't —" the door swung open revealing an expressionless Katerina. She was wearing a plain white floral gown and her hair was tied up in a bun.

"You're driving" she said before walking past me.

_________________

"Oh, you both are really beautiful!" the plumpy woman gushed. "It's such an honour to meet you Isabella, I see you on TV"

Katerina and I just stared at her without any expression. We were waiting for her to finish blabbing so we could finally talk business.

"Your mother was such a wonderful and nice woman..." yeah, the woman talked a lot. She looked like a gossip too. "I had no idea she was the mother of such successful young woman". Now, I was considering giving the managerial position to someone else.

Obviously, this woman here would talk till a customer would be filled with saliva instead of food.

I could see Katerina intentionally looking at her watch while the woman blabbed on.

"Ah, Monica!" the fat woman exclaimed while shaking her head. "Death is wicked—"

"That's enough..." Trina put up her hand signaling stop. I guess she was already pissed off. "We've changed our mind. Please go and call us someone else who is ready to talk business"

"But—"

"But nothing" Trina cut her off. "Just go. And one more thing, I don't want to see you here again"
The fat woman angrily stormed out.

"Such a blabber mouth" Trina mumbled before taking a sip from the glass of wine next to her.

"That was too much Trina" I said.
"We need to get this done Bella, we don't have all day for  talkative people" Trina said while looking at some documents. I could tell grief had made her sassy and cold.

I could imagine Katerina firing every employee in the company if she was to go back to work.

We were seated at a table in the restaurant. It was scanty today. Not many people came in so the atmosphere was cool and quiet.

It was Valentine's Day so most people would be out shopping and site seeing but the restaurant was bound to get filled up with people that evening.

A younger woman who was also a staff of the restaurant approached us and after discussing with her, we decided she was more than qualified for the position.

We also decided to rename the place "Monica's Kitchen"

I checked the time on my phone and I realized it was already 5pm.

It was time to go and surprise Sandra.

Sandra

According to Dan, he was taking Trump and I out on a Valentine's Day outing. So I wore my red and white evening gown and put on some makeup while I dressed Trump up in a red T-shirt and white chinos.

I had no idea why Dan would ask us to come to a resort at six in the evening and didn't bother to come an pick us up.

"It's a surprise" he had said on the phone. I kept smiling at myself while driving. I just didn't know why I was smiling so sheepishly. I just felt like smiling.

___________________________

"You're finally here" Dan stood at the entrance to the resort. Trump ran to his dad as soon as I'd parked the car.

"This place is really far... What are we doing here?" I asked as we began walking into the resort. The entrance was decorated with flowers. It was so beautiful especially at night.

"It's a —"

"Surprise!" I heard a lot of cheerful voices at once complete Daniel's sentence and I nearly jumped. Close to the water fall was Bella, Tayo, Katerina, Stephanie and my parents all wearing red and white. I was perplexed.

"But it's not my birthday" I said while grinning. "Mom, dad, you guys are here?" Trump ran to his grandparents and before I could join them, Daniel held my hand firmly.

"I know today is not your birthday but... I wanted to make today memorable" Daniel said with his eyes sparkling. "I've come to learn that I've always been madly in love with you and although it has taken me time to see that, I know love is timeless"

"Sandra...." he said before pointing to the night sky.

I looked in the direction he was pointing just in time to see beautiful fireworks. Each firework displayed a word.

"Will"

"U"

"Marry"

"Me"

"?"

I was flabbergasted, dumbfounded, perplexed. It all seemed like a movie. When I turned to Daniel, he was already on his knee with a diamond ring in his hand.

"Sandra, the mother of my child.... Will you... "

"Yes! Yes! I will marry you!" I screamed with excitement and joy. I was so overwhelmed. Definitely, this was the happiest day of my life.

Isabella

It all played out like a romance movie in front of me. I could help but grin all the way. I was happy for Daniel and Sandra. They deserved to be together after everything they'd been through.

Sandra couldn't stop jumping up and down in excitement.

My phone rang interrupting the moment.

It was my manager Harry calling.

"Harry, what is it?" I asked after picking the call.

"How long do you plan on staying in Nigeria? May I remind you that you have a career waiting for you woman" Harry said in one breath making me roll my eyes.

"I'm be coming back to the US this weekend" I said before hanging up.

A/N: What do you think will happen when she goes back?
Just get ready for some ..........
✔Drama
✔Romance
✔Humor
✔Weddings
✔Heartbreak 💔