06| New life

Sorry if the chapters are really short but that's how it's gonna be. Please enjoy!.

KATERINA'S POV

So my life is a complete disaster right now. What can be worse than moving from Abuja, where you grew up, go to school and live to Lagos, where you've never been before just because your dad is engaged to a woman that is not your mother, who happens to live in Lagos and oh, I forgot to mention, she has children. Dad didn't even tell me much about her and he decided to change my whole life and separate me from my friends just because of this woman I haven't even seen before.

And the most interesting part is that he had the guts to tell me "love is blind".

Like he'd know love even if it kick him in the ass.

At least he agreed that Nina would come with me. Nina was my nanny since a year ago. She was in her late twenties and she can be really annoying sometimes but she was also a good company. I see her as someone that listens whenever I'm talking to myself.

We had come to Lagos on Thursday and today was Monday, my dad had already picked a school for me.

Lagos Elite...

What sort of stupidly ridiculous name was that?

The traffic here was the worst thing you could ever have patience for.
Nevertheless, eventually I got to my so called new school and I was impressed. It was obvious that only rich kids went here.

Dad had already taken care of everything concerning registration so all I had to do was take the entrance exam which I knew wasn't necessary.

I was ushered into the biggest Library I had ever seen in my life. Even in the movies, I haven't seen a library as big as this.
It was filled with shelves of books. You would obviously get lost if you weren't familiar around here.

So I took a seat and started answering the questions. I was alone in the big library. Not even a librarian was here. I could easily cheat if I wanted to since the woman that brought me here already left promising to come back to know if I was done.

***

I was done in no time and I was bored to death waiting for the lady. I had to wait because I didn't know my way around this huge school.

I stood up because my butt was really hurting. I began walking around and checking out the books. I was at the novel section and there a lot of them here.

"what are you doing?"

"haaa!" I was startled by the voice I heard behind me. I turned to see a good looking boy laughing hard.

To think I was alone here.

"sorry to scare you" he said in between laughs.

Silence.

"what are you doing here alone?" he asked

"entrance exam" was all I said

"oh new student, I should have guessed" he smiled and I returned the gesture. "I'm Tayo " he put out a hand.

"I'm Katherina, you can call me Trina" I shook his hand and we both smiled.

He was really handsome actually and nice to.

"if you need anything, you can always come to me" he said after releasing my hand.

"okay"

"I have to go back to class now, we have further maths and that man is too grumpy to tolerate lateness" Tayo said with a charming smile.

I have to admit, he's good looking.

Not long after Tayo left, the lady that brought me here showed up.
It's about time!

I walked behind her through the large hallway. It was empty but neat. White walls, shiny tiles... It was your dream school alright.

We walked into a huge classroom and the floor suddenly seemed to interest my eyes.

She said a few things that I didn't really grasp but I heard her say my name but not my surname.

I looked up to the class and they were staring daggers at me. I immediately took the empty seat in front before bullets start coming out of their eyes.

Oh Gosh!

I'm Katerina Isaac by the way, and this is my new life!

#vote

Like I said before, sorry for the short chapters but it is what it is.
I can't thank you guys enough for the reads and votes.

What do you think about Katerina?
And Daniel?
And Tayo?

Till next time..