Chapter

*Fast Forward*
It's the day before Valentine's Day 🖤. Nay been at the hospital with Romeo everyday for about a month and a half now.

I've moved into my new place but it's just me and my son because my pops wouldn't let me take Jass but Nay stayed to make sure she straight.

They be over almost everyday after they leave the hospital. They at school right now and I'm finna head to the hospital.
_______________
I went to my brother room to see everything Nay done brung up here. She been here washing him up, decorating his room, talking to him, and everything else.

I sat down. I barely be up here I hate seeing him like this. "Wassup bruh how you feeling? I bet not good. We miss you tho.

Jass be asking about you everyday and Jr. It's hard for me to even speak to you cause you can't speak back but at least move or something.

Tomorrow Valentine's day and I know you wouldn't want yo girl crying herself to sleep that night."

I shook my head and let the tears flow I put my head in my hands.

"Stop allat crying pussy." I heard in a raspy voice I looked up to see him squinting his eyes

"Yo what the fuck?" I said. I hit the nurse alert. "What's wrong?" She asked. "He woke." I said.

She smiled and came over to him. "Mr. Moore? How you feeling?" "Like shit." He said making me laugh.

"That's a common feeling. Your speech isn't delayed, how many fingers is this?" "5"

"Okay your eyesight is okay, your hearing also, Mr.Moore can you remember why you are here?"

"I was shot." He said. "Alright do you remember anything from that day?" "Yeah yesterday I was leaving school early when some niggas jumped on me and one shot me."

"Okay Mr.Moore you've been in a coma over 30 days. You seem to be fine except of the bullet in your spine which will make it hard to walk."

"I'mma cripple?" He asked. "Not necessarily. The other nurses feel like you won't be able to walk ever again because of the bullet but me and the doctor feel like you'll be able to walk as long as you use a walker and take it slow."

"What the fuck bruh?" "Do he still work?" He said looking down. She laughed "yes Mr. Moore it should still work." "Ight say less that's all I needed to know. When can I go home to wash my ass?"

"Well you have to show that you can take care of yourself if we let you go home." "Why? He got me." I said.

"Times you aren't there." She said. "He'll have his girlfriend." "Alright Mr. Moore I'll release you tomorrow but you must try to do some today." He nodded.

She gave him a toothbrush, bath towels, and soap. "You can also shower here." He nodded.

"Nay gone be so happy." "Keep it a secret this gone be her Valentine's day gift." He said. "I feel ya."

"How she doing?" "She been crying some nights but I been taking care of her." "Good."

"The craziest shit happened last week tho. We was going grocery shopping for my new crib and we had Jass and Jr. Some lady stopped us and was like, "oh my god y'all are so young raising beautiful kids."

Nay was like nah we just friends she was like y'all are made for each other we both fell out laughing."

"You and Nay? That's like setting a fire and trying to put it out with gasoline." He said laughing. "Yeah, but I gotta go get them from school so I'll see ya tomorrow." He nodded.

"Ight bye family." "Bye bruh I love you." "I love you too." He said.

I walked out and the nurse walked up to me. "Here's my number call me sometime." She winked and walked off I laughed and put it in my pocket.
______________
I was at home in bed since Nay said she was getting the kids.