Chapter 13💜

*Valentine's Day*
I went to Morris house after school because his house is way closer than Romeo's and I'm tired.

I walked in and nobody was home.

"Even better." I said to myself. I went to his room. "SURPRISE!!!" They screamed jumping out. I looked at them crazy.

"Y'all scared the hell out of me and surprise what?" I asked Morris.

"Surprise this..." He looked behind me and I turned around to see Romeo rolling in. I looked at him then at Romeo. "My baby." I said damn near tackling him out his chair.

He laughed. "Hey baby." I kissed his lips constantly. "I missed you." "I missed you too girl."

I got up and looked at him. I gotta tell him. I said in my head.

"So we've got stuff planned for the day." He told me. "Like?" He laughed. "Go in the restroom and get ready." He said.

I did as told and put on the outfit he had laid out for me.

My conscious was bothering me and I just wanted to tell him now but I pushed my thoughts to the side.

I put on the outfit and admired myself in the mirror.

Once I was done I went back out.

"Damn!" He said. I smiled. "You like it?" He asked me. "Yeah it's beautiful."

I hugged him.

"How you feel?" I asked him.

"Like I'm alive." I smiled and kissed his lip. "Where we going first?"

"Well for starters I wanna take you shopping."

I smiled.

"Well let's go." I grabbed his wheel chair and Morris followed. We never talked about what happened we just pretended everything was normal.

I stopped texting Shae and answering his calls because of mixed emotions.

Romeo was the first guy to ever show interest in me and I owe him my loyalty. We got to the car and he stood up holding on the door.

"You got it?" I asked him.

"Yeah it's just sore as hell." He got in the truck.

Morris grabbed his wheelchair putting it in the trunk and we loaded the kids in.

I had a family for once and I don't wanna ruin it.

I got in the passenger seat while Morris drove. "Which mall?" Morris asked.

"It don't matter."

I received a text from Shae.

Shae❤️
Happy Valentine's Day. I don't know if I did something wrong because you haven't been responding but you got a nigga in his feelings. I understand you with ole boy but you could at least tell me what it is and ain't. Keep it real with me ma.

I sighed thinking about what to say.

Thanks Shae. Happy Valentine's Day to you too. What we did was a mistake Shae. I genuinely do like you I promise I do I just know it'll never work considering my brother and father. I'm with Romeo Shae and he needs me especially after him being shot. I'm so sorry.

He read my message and didn't respond.

I just laid my head on the window because I do like him I just wanna avoid everything I'll lose by dating him.

"You good?" Morris asked.

I nodded.

We pulled up at the mall. I got out going to help Romeo.