Chapter 3: Talons and tea leaves.

Chelbell2016:

Hope you enjoy it.

*SELENA BLACK*  

Selena's POV:

When Harry, Ron, Hermione and I entered the Great Hall for breakfast the next day, the first thing we saw was Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As they passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

"Ignore him," said Hermione, who was right behind Harry. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it...."

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a face like a pug. "Potter! The dementors are coming, Black! Woooooooooo!"
 Harry and I dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table, next to George Weasley.

"New third-year course schedules," said George, passing then, over. "What's up with you, Harry, Selena?"

"Malfoy," said Ron, sitting down on George's other side and glaring over at the Slytherin table.

George looked up in time to see Malfoy pretending to faint with terror again.

"That little git," he said calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down at our end of the train. Came runing into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," said Fred, with a contemptuous glance at Malfoy.

"Too much information Fred," I say stabbing at my breakfast.

"I wasn't too happy myself," said George. "They're horrible things, those dementors...."

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" said Fred.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" said Harry in a low voice and I look up wanting to know the answer myself.

"Forget it, you two," said George bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been, he came back all weak and shaking.... They suck the happiness out of a place, dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."

"Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match," said Fred. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"

The only time Harry and Malfoy had faced each other in a Quidditch match, Malfoy had definitely come off worse. I am also on the team as a chaser.

Hermione was examining her new schedule.

" Ooh, good, we're starting some new subjects today," Hermione says happily and I see we both have Arithmancy first.

"Hermione," Ron said frowning as he looked over her shoulder. "Did most of your timetable. Block they've got you down for about 10 subjects a days. There isn't enough time."

"I managed. I've fixed it all professor McGonagall."

"But look," said ron laughing. "See this morning? 9 o'clock definition and underneath, 9 o'clock muggle studies and-" Ron leant closer to the timetable disbelieving. "Look underneath that arithmancy, 9 o'clock. I mean I know your good Hermione but no ones that good. How you supposed to be inthree classes at once?"

"Don't be silly," said Hermione shortly. "Of course I won't be in three classes at once."

"Well then-"

"Pass the marmalade," said Hermione.

"But-"

"Oh Ron what's it to you if my timetables bit full?" Hermione snapped. "I've told you I sorted it out with professor McGonagall."