Chapter 8: The firebolt.

Chelbell2016:

Please review.

Selena's POV:

I didn't have a very clear idea of how we had managed to get back into the Honeydukes cellar, through the tunnel, and into the castle once more. All I knew was that the return trip seemed to take no time at all, and that we hardly noticed what we was doing, because my head was still pounding with the conversation we had just heard.

Why had nobody ever told me? Dumbledore, Hagrid, Mr. Weasley, Cornelius Fudge My mother... why hadn't anyone ever mentioned the fact that Harry's parents had died because their best friend had betrayed them? That my father had done it. And then he tried to kidnap me.

Ron and Hermione watched Harry and I nervously all through dinner, not daring to talk about what they'd overheard, because Percy was sitting close by them. When they went upstairs to the crowded common room, it was to find Fred and George had set off half a dozen Dungbombs in a fit of end- of-term high spirits. Harry, who didn't want Fred and George asking him whether he'd reached Hogsmeade or not, sneaked quietly up to the empty dormitory and headed straight for his bedside cabinet.

I on the other hand stayed downstairs.

"Did you know?" Ron asks. "That he's your father."

"Yeah," I say quietly. "But I've never had the courage to tell anyone. In case they treated me different. I didn't know about Harry though I swear."

"Well it's not your fault," Hermione says and I smile at her. "You should know that."

"Thanks Hermione," I say before heading up to my room myself.

Why had my father kidnapped me? Had he been planning on taking me to his lord? Was he gonna kill me himself? Why would he hand me over so easily if he wanted to kill me?

As I lay down I begin to feel more hatred then fear towards my father now.

*Selena Black*   

"Harry, Selena you -- you two look terrible."

Neither I or Harry had got any to sleep until daybreak. I had awoken to find the dormitory deserted, dressed, and gone down the spiral staircase to a common room that was completely empty except for Ron, who was eating a Peppermint Toad and massaging his stomach, and Hermione, who had spread her homework over three tables. Harry had come down at the same time as me.

"Where is everyone?" Harry asks.

"Gone! It's the first day of the holidays, remember?" said Ron, watching Harry closely. "It's nearly lunchtime; I was going to come and wake you up in a minute."

Harry slumped into a chair next to the fire. Snow was still falling outside the windows. Crookshanks was spread out in front of the fire like a large, ginger rug. I stay standing. My family will be here soon.

"You really don' look well, you know," Hermione said, peering anxiously into his face.

"I'm fine," said Harry.

"Harry, listen," said Hermione, exchanging a look with Ron, you must be really upset about what we heard yesterday. But the thing is, you mustn't go doing anything stupid."

"Like what?" said Harry.

"Like trying to go after Black," said Ron sharply.

Harry could tell they had rehearsed this conversation while he had been asleep. He didn't say anything.

"You won't, will you, Harry?" said Hermione.

"Because Black's not worth dying for," said Ron.