Chapter 9: Aboard the Hogwarts express.

Chapter 9: Aboard the Hogwarts Express.

Chelbell2016:

Selena's POV:

There was a definite end-of-the-holidays gloom in the air when I awoke the morning of September the 1st. Heavy rain was still splattering against the window I got dressed in jeans and a jumper; I would change into myschool robes on the Hogwarts Express.

I head downstairs to see my father there. My mother had to return to the school yesterday to make sure everything is ready for hers and Hagrids lessons.

"Morning dad," I say kissing him on the cheek.

"Morning sweetheart," he says as I sit down. "What would you like for breakfast?"

"Just some cereal," I say before glancing around. "One question. With mum at the school who's taking me to the train station?"

"Your uncle," he reassures me. "Ryan doesn't go back till tomorrow so he doesn't need to drop him off. You'll meet up with Harry, Hermione and the Weasley's on platform 9 and 3/4. Then you will be on your way back."

I can see that he looks really upset but before I can say anything to make him feel better my uncle comes own the stairs.

"Hey you two," he greets us before smiling at me "You ready to go back to Hogwarts Selena?"

I nod. "I can't wait.... but I can visit for Christmas."

Dad shakes his head. "Ignore me I'm just grumpy. You enjoy school and trust me you'll want to be at school for Christmas this year."

I am curious to what he means. But after dragging my suitcase down the stairs and saying goodbye to my father and Ryan we head through the floo and appear at the leaky cauldron. From there we head for Kings cross.

*Selena Black*   

I am used to getting onto platform nine and three-quarters by now. It was a simple matter of walking straight through the apparently solid barrier dividing platforms nine and ten. The only tricky part was doing this in an unobtrusive way, so as to avoid attracting Muggle attention. My uncle and I go through together to save time.

The Hogwarts Express, a gleaming scarlet steam engine, was already there, clouds of steam billowing from it, through which the many Hogwarts students and parents on the platform appeared like dark ghosts. Straight away I notice my friends .

"Hey guys," I say heading over with my trunk and hug everyone. "How was the rest of your holidays?"

"Great!!" Is the reply I receive.

"Oh this is my uncle Andy," I say as my uncle reaches everyone. "He works at M.A.C.U.S.A as an auror!!"

"M.A.C.U.S.A?" Harry and Ron ask predictably.

"Magical Congress of the United States of America," Hermione answers before I can. "Its basically the American ministry."

"Cool!!" Both Harry and ron say before we prepare to say goodbye.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," said Charlie, grinning, as he hugged Ginny good-bye.

"Why?" said Fred keenly.

"You'll see," said Charlie. "Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it...it's 'classified information, until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it,' after all."

"Yeah, I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," said Bill, hands in his pockets, looking almost wistfully at the train.

"Why?" said George impatiently.