CHAPTER-2

(Above: Drake Clearson)

(Third person POV)

Chapter-2

Nathan after his last exam came straight away to his home.

"Hey! I am home sweetheart." Nathan went and kissed his granny. She was all he had. She was his family after his parents died in a car crash when he was just 6 years old. Since then, his granny took care of him. Although his parents had left him with so much of money that there would never be a need of working but still he lacked a family. He used to miss them a lot but never showed anyone. And now, even his granny was ill. She was on her deathbed. His last part of the family was just near her end. He had done everything possible till now to make his granny live. He was at success to some extent. She was alive on various types of machines and a nurse who was kept for her care 24X7. But now it seemed as if even she was tired of living. She knew he was 18 now and mature enough to take care of himself.

The nurse had told him that she didn' have much time left. Her body parts were failing one by one, inspite of so much of efforts.

Apart from granny, there was Mr. Dwane Silvers, his dad's oldest friend and now the CEO of his dad's company. He had taken a good care of the company in his dad's absence. He treated Nathan as his own son.

"Don't worry Nat, she is going to be okay."Mr. Dwane comforted him. "I know she is dying, uncle.She is tired of living this way. I have been selfish for so many years and kept her struggling just because I didn't want to loose my only family. But I think it's time now. It's time to let her go if she wants." Nathan sobbed and hugged Dwane. "Don't you worry, child. Don't blame yourself. Nothing in this world is under one's control. It's all destiny. Whatever is supposed to happen, happens for sure because that is the way it is meant to be. Don't cry like this. Your granny would have never wanted to see you like this. We will bid her farewell with a smile. She deserves smile, not tears."

"Yes, you are right uncle. I won't cry." He turns towards his granny, kisses her forehead, "Granny, now you don't need to worry about me. I am a grown up and I even know how to tie my laces now. I can take care of myself and I have uncle Dwane too. You just chill, sweetheart."

"Nat, I love you, Darling! Your granny is leaving you this way. Your parents would have been so  proud of you. You have always been a good boy. The only thing that I would regret after leaving will be that I won't be able to see you getting married and taking up your responsibilities as a husband. I always wanted to see you that part of you. But don't worry! I would be watching you from up there. I will always be there around you. I....."

"I? What granny?" Nathan puts his head up to see why she stopped in between.

"Granny?"

"Granny?"

Tears were rolling down his cheeks. "Granny!" He shouted as loud as he could but there was no response from her.

"I am sorry to say, she is no more." Nurse concluded when she saw Nathan still trying to wake her up. "No crying, Nat. We decided to smile and say bye. She will feel bad if she sees you crying."

**** ************* ****

Everyone knew that he was close to her. After the funeral, Nathan locked himself up in his room. For many days, he didn't talk to anyone. Drake was worried about his friend. "We gotta do something about him, Mr. Dwane. He is losing himself. Exams are done and now results will be out soon. He has to look out for his college. I can't let him rot this way."

"Don't worry! He just needs sometime to overcome this grief. And I will take care of his admissions and college. He will get the best college. He deserves to get one,afterall he is the topper of your school.

"Dude! Cummon! There is a party tonight. It's Jane's party. We are going anyway. I don't want any excuses from you. I am so excited." Drake entered his room and found him laying on his bed, looking at the ceiling.

"You are excited for Jane's party, since when? You don't even like her. You are the one who always bitch about her and you are telling me you are EXCITED!"

"Thankgod! Atleast I got a reaction from you. Do you have any idea it's been one and a half month since you last spoke. From the last day of our exams, you haven't attended a single party. Why are you mourning? Stop this!"

Drake shouldn't have said the last line. "You are asking me this? Its unbelievable. Seriously! You know granny was so important to me. I do have a right to cry for her. Just buzz off! I don't want to see your face. I thought you knew the real me, you understood me. But no, not at all. Even you care about that fake Nathan, who is good for nothing. Atleast for me!"

"I know you, bro! I know you since kindergarten. I just can't see you this way and even your granny. Think about her. How she would be feeling right now, seeing you this way? You haven't eaten anything properly. You haven't even shaved from one month. Just look at yourself once. You are just hurting her. She would have never wanted you to stop living. Come back please!"

Nathan got up and stood in front of his mirrors. After analysing himself for a while, he went towards the door. "Where do you think you are going Nathan Owen? I am talking to you and you cant just walk away." "I am feeling hungry. I dont have any energy to listen to your shit. I need to eat something! By the way, party is at what time?"

"Yay! My Nathan is back. Pick me up at 8."

**** ************* *****