CHAPTER-10(PART-2)

(Third person's POV)

Chapter-10
(Part-2)

Annabelle looked at Nathan after what just happened. Nathan knew already that she was going to look at him so he made himself busy with Jane. All others were waiting for her answer and so was Drake. Although Nate was ignoring Anna by not looking at her but his ears were eagerly waiting for her answer.

Anna just turned around, walked straight to the bar and took two beer bottles. She drank one of them then and there only and finished it till the last drop of it. She then turned around to look at Drake. He was not anymore on his knees. Instead he was standing and looked like as if he was waiting from an era. Annabelle took few steps towards him, took few sips from the second bottle and then just walked through him. She left the place. Drake didn't stop her as he wanted her to give some time. He was somewhere already prepared for this heartbreak. Nathan didn't had the guts to look right at her so he missed her departure. The remaining crowd got upset as they got no show to see.

Meanwhile, Nathan got a call from Dwayne informing they have their college from tomorrow and they should leave early from the party. This was when Nathan again realised about Anna. He started looking for her but couldn't find her so he decided to look for Drake but even he was unavailable. So he walked out of the WAVE, thinking he could find any of them outside or somewhere in the parking, and he was right. He saw Drake leaning over his car and drinking from a beer can.

"Hey Dude ! What happened? Where is she?" Nathan asked analysing absence of her. "She left. She left even without answering. She didn't even say a no. I know se wasn't ready yet but she didn't answered. She left me all clueless." Drake was now under the alcohol effect. It was just impossible to shut his mouth. He was repeating the same thing again and again. Nathan had to cut him off and ask, "Where did she go?" Poor Drake had no idea about it. He was completely heartbroken at that time. It was the first time ever when a girl rejected him. Well it wasn't a rejection yet as she hadn't said no but still for him it was. No girl had ever done this to him. This girl was something different.

"I have no idea where se went. She just walked away with a beer in her hand. She consumed one whole bottle right there in front of me. I didn't stop her thinking she might need some time." Drake gave what he had.

"Where could she have gone? Home" Nathan murmured to himself. "Did you say something?" Drake thought he heard something from Nathan. "Yeah! I better go and look out for her. We have college from tomorrow and she doesn't know that. Actually no one does. I know she would get angry if she had to miss the first day. So I am leaving. You too better wrap up soon. It's 1 already. That means we have college today! I better hurry up. Bro, I am taking your car. I will pick you up in the morning." Drake handed him the keys and returned to the party. Nathan hurried towards the car, thinking where could she have gone.

"Let me call Dwayne and ask whether Anna is home? But what if she isn't there. Dwayne will get worried then and angry too. But I will have to call and ask. I have no other option."

Without giving any second thought, he dialled Dwayne's number. Within three or four rings Dwayne answered the call.

"Yes?" He answered.

"Is Anna home?" Nathan asked in a feeble voice.

"Why would she be here? Wasn't she with you? Don't tell me you lost her or something!" Dwayne was almost hyper now. He doubted that something was wrong for sure.

"No, no. Not at all. I am sorry. I found her. There she is. Hey Anna where were you?" Saying this he disconnected the call. Anna wasn't at home. Then where was she. This was the only question in his mind. He somehow managed Dwayne but what if she left them and never comes back. What will he answer to him then? This wasn't the right time to think about it. He got into the car and got onto the streets, racing the horses of his mind and thinking where could Annabelle be.