CHAPTER-12

(Above: Daniel and Emily)

Chapter-12

Third person's POV

As the orientation was over, everyone moved out of the auditorium. They were now supposed to have a college tour but no one was really interested except for few exceptions.

"Hey! It seems you got some new friends but that doesn't mean you will forget your old ones." Nathan hissed in Annabelle's ears. She turned around and gave him a look-'You're the one saying that!' He returned a look of-'Okay, okay! I am sorry my fault.' She nodded lightly to it.

"I don't think they are going to introduce me." Nathan said pointing towards Drake and Annabelle. He himself started introducing to Emily and Daniel as they were standing with a look on their face-'Who is he?'
"I'm Nathan. Nathan Owen. I'm Anna's and Drake's best friend And you are?"

"Nice to meet you Nathan. I'm Daniel Stinson and she is the love of my life, Emily Hale." Daniel proceeded the introduction. Nathan turned around and introduced Jane to the couple, the new members of the group.

"You guys have any plan?" Daniel asked.

"Nope." The rest of them replied.

"Great. That's what I was expecting. I know none of us is interested in the college tour. So let's go somewhere and have fun. What say, huh?" Daniel added. "Yay! I'm in." Shouted Emily in excitement as the suggestion came from her boyfriend. "I'm in too." Annabelle said. "So am I." Drake stood beside Annabelle.

"It seems that is what everyone wants. So I am in too. What about you Jane?" Nathan asked Jane when there was no response from her side.

"Umm. Actually I have got some plans so I am sorry I won't be able to join you guys." She didn't find it cool hanging out with these guys. She was there just because of Nathan but she couldn't take anymore. So making an excuse and leaving was the best option.

"I will drop you then, where ever you want to go." Nathan too backed out recalling even he had an important work to do. Yes, important work. He was supposed to look for the stolen diary girl. "You guys carry on with your plan. Jane and me will take your leave. Drake, drop Annabelle safely before 11:30 p.m."

"Excuse-me? Who are you to place that curfew on me. I can take care of myself." Anna couldn't resist her anger anymore. "I will come when I will feel like coming."

"I know you can take care of yourself and it's not me placing the curfew. It's Dwayne. Today is friday. So you have some office work to complete." Nathan reminded her.

"Let's go and stop wasting our time here." Annabelle completely ignored him and walked away with her new group, leaving Nathan and Jane behind. Nathan too left with Jane and dropped her at her place.

"You wanna come inside?" Jane asked Nathan after getting down from the car.

"No, not anymore. Don't think that I am going to get stuck in your creepy trap. Not anymore. You are just far from my league, girl. So better maintain your boundaries and stop playing your dirty tricks on me. I am doing this just for Drake and Anna." Nathan revealed his main reason for being with Jane. For the very first time, Jane eyes welled up with genuine tears because she was hurt. She knew, she had done many mistakes till now but now she had changed a lot and wanted to change a more as she was tired of being called slut.

"Okay! I get it. I am sorry but I was calling you just as a friend. I know we never had a true relation but I thought we could have it now. But I think I was wrong. Its okay. I get your point. Before I leave, Nathan there is one point I would like to clear. I am no more the old Jane Hudson. Believe it or not." saying this she walked away. Nathan felt bad for being so rude but he didn't had any control over his emotions at that moment. He felt the change in Annabelle's behaviour since he was getting close to Jane.