Talk .

Harry .

It's a little after eleven by the time I wander back to my house. I'm exhausted after my talk with Liam, but I think everything is figured out.

Flashback .

I knock my knuckles against his front door, trying to figure out why he didn't ask me first before trying to put moves on my best friend.

"Hey Harry, what's going on?" Liam furrows his dark brows when he opens the door. I run a hand through my hair, and speak. "Think we can talk?"

Liam nods, and gestures for me to come inside. I follow him to his room, and decide not to waste any time. I just want to know what he wants with Em. Shit I sound like some girls father. I roll my eyes at myself, not caring. I know Em and I are just friends, but i'm still concerned with what Liam wants with her.

"Do you like her? Or are you just playing with her?" I ask, and he rubs the stubble on his face, like he's pondering something before answering my question. "I like Emily. She isn't like the other girls at school."

It throws me when he calls her Emily. I've called her Em since the day we met. Also What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean. "not like the other girls" Em doesn't have to be like the other girls. She is the most brilliant girl I've ever met other than me mum.

I raise my eyebrows as a gesture for him to continue, and he does. "I don't really know. I haven't really ever talked to her alone or anything. She's always with you or with both of us at lunch. Listen your not mad about this are you? I didn't know you had a thing for her."

I don't say anything. I didn't think anyone knew, so I deny it. "No, I don't. It's just.." I can't finish my sentence. "Don't get your panties in a twist Harry." Liam smirks. I rest my hands on my knees and take a deep breath. "It's just Em. She's my best friend okay. I don't want anyone to hurt her. She's a good person and doesn't need anybody to drag her down." realizing what I've said I speak again. "Not that I think you would drag her down. I just want to know what you want with her. She is not just some one-off."

Liam rubs his hand through his stubble once again. "You want to know my intentions? Here they are, I would like to ask Emily on a date." I cringe at that. He continues. "I would like her to say yes. If she said yes, I would take her on a nice date. If she had fun, I would ask her out again and see where it goes from there." He stops and starts again. "I...I'm not going to hurt her Harry. But for someone who claims they don't have a thing for her you look awfully gutted." He raises his brows, and I sigh.

If I'm being honest, I'm not mad at Liam. I'm mad at myself. Em is my best friend and I've had a million chances to tell her, hell to show her how much I love and care for her, but it's too late.

Liam will be better for her anyway. If this is something they both want, I can't stand in the way of it.

I stand and grab my coat, turning to walk through the door I take a deep breath, and speak. "One date, If she isn't showing she likes you it's over. Just don't be an ass to her."

End Flashback .

I fall into bed, and think about Em. Remembering the warmth of her breath on my neck, and the scent of candy corn in her chaotic curls.

.

THIS CHAPTER IS A CHEESE FEST . IM SORRY .