Pajamas .

Harry .

I'm pacing the floor of my bedroom when I finally get a text back from Em. 

From Em ; Want to come over? Mom is gone on tour again.

To Em ; Be over in fifteen. 

I reply back quickly, and rush through my door, feeling like something is wrong. She didn't answer my question about the scary movie, or about Liam. Mum is in the kitchen having a chat on the phone with my sister Gemma. I quietly tell her I'm spending the night at Em's, and she smiles and gestures for me to go on.

.

Just as i'm about to knock on Em's door, she opens it. I take her in. She is wearing a pair of actual pajamas. I'm used to seeing her just wear an old tee shirt, and fluffy pants, but this is different. I can't take my eyes off the way her tan legs looks in the pink satin shorts, or the way her curls lap over the straps of the matching camisole. "Harry! You're here!"

I'm staring. I know i'm staring. Em must notice i'm staring because she quickly starts to pull at her shorts. "Yeah, I um just need someone to talk to. Mom is on book tour again and I don't know... just come in." I follow her inside, trying not to watch the curve of her ass as she walks into the kitchen.

I don't know how much listening I will be able to do if she doesn't put on a sweatshirt or something. Em must be a mind reader because she grabs her oxford sweatshirt I got her last year off the floor and puts it on. I bought her that as a funny gift for her birthday because when we were kids Em used to ask questions almost every second about the queen of England and oxford. She was obsessed. She still is. She made me watch the royal wedding with her just last month.

Em pokes my dimple, breaking me from my memories. "Do you want some tea? I want some tea!" I nod. I think she is nervous. She keeps fiddling with the mugs and isn't really talking. If I want to know what happened with Liam, I guess i'm just going to have to ask her.

.

Once we get our tea, we settle in on her bed. Her really small bed. I never actually noticed how tiny her bed is until this moment with her in front of me in those small shorts. I look at the tea in my cup, attempting to forget about her smooth legs, and focus. "How did everything go with Liam?" Really subtle Harry. Nice job. Em stirs her tea before answering my question. "He um, He asked me on a date." 

A piece of my heart breaks.

Em continues. I wish she wouldn't. Shit. I'm an awful friend. "Tomorrow. I'm really sorry Harry. I know it's movie night. Please don't hate me." Hate her? I could never hate her. I'm not even mad at her. I'm mad that Liam still even asked her, when he knows i'm in love with her. I'm hurt. 

"Em that's great. You wanted to go on a date with him right?" I lie for her, and suck up my feelings. She nods, looking at her tea, not saying a work. Did I say something wrong?  I tug on her frizzy curl. "Em you alright? Why aren't you excited?" She frowns. "It's really nothing. Um, I just I've never been on a date. What if he like tries to kiss me?" she starts to whisper even though we are the only people in her house "I've never kissed anyone. What if I'm like a bad kisser."

I smile at her thought. "Em..It's not a big deal. Nobody can be a bad kisser." She lets out a laugh. "Well that's easy for you to say. You've kissed every girl in our class!" Okay, She has a point. I haven't kissed every girl in our class. Just most of them. Not her. "I know, I'm sorry. That was really insensitive of me." She's flipping her giant pink heart pillow back and forth when she finally blurts "I want you to be my first kiss."

Everything around me stops.

I don't know if I should do this. I want to, Okay I really want to. I've wanted to kiss Em since the first time I watched her catch snowflakes on her tongue when we were thirteen. If I kiss her now though, I know my feelings for her will only grow stronger, but what if this is the only chance I ever get. Em starts to speak very fast and I know she is trying to discard what she's just said. 

I don't let her.

I reach for a curl, and tuck it behind her ear.

.