Cookie Dough .

Emily .

My eyes sleepily flutter open to the sound of Harry's laugh hovering over top of me. He must have used the key under the front door mat. I almost forgot he was picking me up so we could walk to the bakery together. I'm too sleepy, so I pull the comforter over my head. "Five minutes!" I mumble, but Harry pulls the bedding off of my face, and tugs at a random curl. "We can't be late Em! Candy corn is calling our names!" 

"Fine." I sit up, poking at the dimple in his tan cheek, noticing he has a grin on his face, and his eyes are attached to my forehead. Oh no. 

My zit cream.

I put my hands over my face, and walk into the hallway to get ready, and to escape from a very cute, laughing Harry. "Don't say a word Harry!" He continues laughing. "You going to get dressed? I could have sworn you looked ready to go!" He teases, and I roll my eyes, but laugh along with him.

Harry .

Em and I decide that today we are making candy corn sugar cookies, our absolute favorite. They're deathly sweet, but so damn good. 

Em pulls up her hair into a knot on the top of her head, letting a few loose curls hang down beside her pink cheeks. I like to think she leaves those few curls out just for me to tug on. "Ready Harry?" She pokes my dimple softly, and I tug on those messy curls before nodding, and pulling the bulk candy corn from the cupboard. 

"Let me just put on my apron!" Em says like she almost forgot, and turns around her backside facing me as she ties the sunshine colored apron around her petite waist. I can't stop the memories that flood back to my mind of the way her hips felt in my hands. "Okay let's get baking!" She turns back around, and I force my mind to forget.

.

Em takes the cookies from the oven, letting a small moan leave her perfect lips. Is she trying to kill me? "Oh Harry! These smell incredible! Smell them!" She walks over putting the baking sheet filled with a dozen cookies to my nose. They do smell incredible, but the only thing I can think about is how beautiful Em looks right now. The way her random curls that frame her face have raw cookie dough attached at the ends, and the way I want to taste her candy corn cookie lips on my tongue.

"They look great. I'm going to clean up." I mumble having to look away. At first I thought she would just go, and sit at the front counter while I clean, but she doesn't. "I will help!" It's not that I don't want her to help, it's that I can't stop staring at her mouth. "Okay." I say grabbing a broom, beginning to sweep the tile floor, but then I think of something better to do.

My hand makes it's way to the bag of flour on the counter, wanting to give Em a taste of her own medicine. I grab a handful of the powder, and fling it at her very adorable shocked face. Her mouth is wide open, and her blue eyes look wild at me as she grab her own handful of powdered sugar, and throws it directly on my hoodie. "Oh you are so going to pay for that one! One way or another i'm gonna get you Em!" I shout, starting a war of baking ingredients. 

Tired and covered in an array for flour and powdered sugar we slide down the counter, sitting on the floor. I look over at her. She has the prettiest smile on her lips. My hand thinks faster than my brain when it reaches to tuck a cookie dough coated curl behind her ear. Her eyes don't break from my mouth as I slowly lean in. I want to kiss her, but I don't. 

The door up front in the bakery signals a customer is here.

.