Friday Nights .

Harry .

It's a strange night. I'm so used to being with Em on her bed, watching cheesy movies on Friday nights that I can barely stand sitting around at home with my own thoughts. I feel awful. I couldn't even make eye contact with her today. Mostly because I knew if I looked at her my eyes would find her pastel pink lips. 

Liam is probably kissing those lips right now. 

I could punch myself for not just telling Em how I feel about her. What did I think was going to happen? That she would always want to hang out with me on Friday nights, and make candy corn sweets at the bakery with me every Saturday for the rest of her life. Was I that stupid to think that no guy would want to date her, because they just figured she was mine? 

I have wasted so much time with girls that aren't even a thought in my mind when Em has always been right here in front of me. Last night her lips were on mine, and we shared the same breath. Why didn't I just say something?

My thoughts are interuppted by the buzzing coming from my mattress. It's Em. 

I quickly swipe the answer button over the screensaver of Em and I doing ridiculous faces on a "Take the tour of London" buses Em bullied me into going on last year. As silly as the faces we're making in the photograph, I find myself lost in how beautiful Em is. She is always beautiful.

"Em?" I answer. I'm slightly confused because I figured she would be out all night with Liam, but I can hear her on the other end brewing a pot of coffee. 

"Hey Harry. Sorry it's kind of late huh?" She says nervously, and I look at the clock on my night stand that reads ten. "No what's going on? How was your date?" I ask even though I really don't want the details. Not if she was kissing him.

"It was okay. I miss you though. It's weird not having you here tonight." Em sighs, and my heart begins to beat fast. I miss her too. "I mean it's just we never spend Friday's apart." She continues, and I start to realize maybe it's the routine she misses. Not me.

"Yeah I get that, but hey I can talk all night if you can." I laugh, partly wondering if an all nighter over the phone is out of the question, but Em laughs as well. "I guess we can see how long it takes before I fall asleep on you?" I'm going to miss the way her curls tickle my face through the night as she sleeps on my shoulder. "Deal." I agree.

"You know you were right. Liam chose the goriest movie showing." I roll my eyes at the mention of Liam, but smirk when I realize she wasn't into it. "Not to say I told you so.." I start to laugh, running my hand through my hair, and falling back on my bed. "You told me so." She finishes for me, giggling sweetly.

Her voice grows sleepy as the night passes, and soon enough her familiar snore flows through the speaker. 

.