Walrus .

Emily .

It's another drizzly day in England, and Harry and I are in the school cafe. He has been dancing around with two straw in each side of mouth for the last fifteen minutes. He looks like a very cute walrus, and for a girl who is trying to get over her best friend, I'm not doing very well.

"Harry! Stop! You're going to make me pee myself!" I giggle, hunched over the table. Harry smirks, keeping the straws in between his lips, and begins to tickle me. "What's wrong Em? Need to use the loo?" He drops the straws from his mouth as he laughs in my neck, his fingers still attempting to tickle the skin beneath my shirt. Our giggles laugh when we see Liam walking to our table.

Harry sits up straight, all signs of us laughing seconds ago is dismissed, and I tuck a strand of my hair back, pretending to pick at my salad, when Liam sits in front of me and Harry. "Hey mates." He says quietly, and Harry and I both speak at the same time. "Hey." 

Liam fiddles with the sleeves of his shirt, and starts. "Um Emily, I was hoping we could talk today after school?" I feel my cheeks heat, and both Harry and Liam's eyes on me as I try to form an answer. "Sure." I smile, and begin picking at my salad again. I hear him get up with his tray of food, before looking back at him. He winks at me as he speaks. "Pick you up after english class than right?" I swallow the lump in my throat, and nod, hearing the bell ring through the cafe, signaling lunch is over.

.

Harry and I walk to the music room in silence. He hasn't said anything since Liam asked to talk to me, and I don't know why. I should ask, but I don't. I just follow behind Harry as he grabs a guitar from it's stand, and sits on the monotone carpet in the back of the class. 

I zone out for the most part listening to Harry plays the chords of his favorite songs, and thinking about Liam. I wonder why he didn't want to talk to me in front of Harry, or what he wants to talk to me about. I never come to a conclusion as Harry tugs on the curl hanging over my eyes. "What are you thinking about Em?" He asks, and I do my best fake smile. "Nothing." But Harry knows me better than that.

Harry knows me better than anyone.

"It's nothing really. I just-. Well it's just what do you think Liam is going to want to talk about? What do I say to him?" I question, nervously. Harry looks down and pulls at the threads of his torn black skinny jeans. "He probally just wants to ask you out for a cup of tea." I blow out a breath. "What does one do when getting a cup of tea? Is that a date? Is there like guidelines for tea dates?" Harry starts to laugh at my questions.

"Em, It was just a guess. Don't freak out. It could be a movie or a even the autumn carnival!" I roll my eyes. "Harry don't joke. I don't do these types of things, Okay. I don't date. He probally just wants to borrow my answers for a pop quiz. Let's just forget it okay." I look down and begin to trace hearts in the carpet.

Harry tugs on my curl for the thousandth time today, I love when he tugs on my curls. "Em, Everything is going to be okay. Liam would be absolutlely mad not to want to take you on a date." My heart stops, Since when does Harry say things like this. I poke his dimple and smile. "I'm just nervous, I'm new to all of this. I don't know how I'm supposed to act in front of him."

Harry looks at me with those dreamy eyes, and I fall harder. "Just be yourself."

.

Be yourself, echos in my head until english class is over. Harry's words were so simple, yet had so much meaning. I feel like ever since are little hug last Saturday each thing Harry says to me has to mean more than it does. Am I that delusional?

The bell rings, and I collect my sequined messenger bag and walk out of class to bump right into Liam. "Hey Emily! wasn't expecting to see you here." Liam chuckles because he knew we made plans to meet up after class. "Oh Hey." I smile.

.

Liam asked to walk me home. So now here I am being walked home by Liam Payne, trying to be as much as myself as possible, just like Harry said. Liam is doing most of the talking. I forgot my coat this morning and I'm freezing. Liam takes notice and shrugs off his coat and lays it lightly over my shoulders. "Thank you, I um, I forgot my coat this morning. I was in a rush." Why am I talking a mile a minute? Liam looks over and smiles down at me. He's tall. Not as tall as Harry though. "Listen, Emily. I wanted to ask if you maybe wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow night?"

This is what I've been waiting for, Why aren't I excited? It doesn't matter. I have to get over Harry. "Yes. I mean, yeah sure." I say trying to sound nonchalant. 

We finally arrive to my house. Liam tells me he will pick me up at seven and hugs me good bye. The hug was a tad awkward. I went for his waist and I think it's supposed to be the other way around. I sigh, unlocking the door as my phone chimes in my bag.

 Harry ; Hey Em! Want to watch a scary movie tomorrow? How did it go with Liam? Get home okay?

I close my eyes realizing I just made plans with Liam on cheesy movie night. How am I already screwing everything up? I open my door, and send a reply to Harry, feeling lonely again that my mom's gone back on her book tour.

.