Pumpkin Lattes .

Harry .

It's Monday now, Em and I are sitting at lunch. She is picking at her salad, and I'm shoveling grapes into my mouth. After we left the bakery Saturday she filled me in on everything that happened with Liam. I think she could sense my confusion after him showing up at the bakery and shoving his lips on her cheek. She let me know they kissed and I had to do the hardest thing I've ever had to do and smile and be happy for her because that's what best friends are for. If that is all I ever am to Em, I'm still the luckiest guy in the world.

Em pokes my dimple and smiles "What are you thinking about Harry?" If only she knew. "Not a thing." I lie tugging at her curl. Which lately has been hard not to just tuck that damn curl behind her ear, and kiss her cheek, her nose, her ears, her lips. But I don't. I sit there eating grapes like a mad man.

Em nods and returns to picking at her salad. "So I guess you won't be wanting company on your walk to coffee palace after school?" I wonder, half teasing. Em throws a piece of soggy lettuce at me and laughs. I love the sound of her sweet laugh.

"No. I'm not even sure I want to go." she frowns. Why is she upset? What just happened? "What why not?, I thought you liked Liam." I look at her sad eyes. Em rests her hands under her chin and sighs.

"Yeah he's nice. I just I don't know why he likes me." Is she mad? This girl sitting in front of me is so beautiful. Does she even know? I go to tell her that's exactly what she is not caring how crazy I sound but I am cut off by guess who..

Chipper as all hell Liam.

Emily .

I straighten my posture when I spot Liam walking over to Harry and I. I'm not sure why, but I feel as if I need to impress him. Like my posture will make me pretty or more confident. Harry runs his hand through his soft, getting longer by the day curls, and says hello to Liam first. "Hey Liam."

"Hey mate. You look so pretty today Emily." He says sweetly, but I know he is lying. I didn't bother putting my blush or kiwi lip gloss on today, and i'm running on about two hours of sleep.

"Thank you." I say, smiling anyway. Harry is just staring at his grapes not saying a word. "Well Emily, Just came to tell you I'll swing by your English class after the bell." Liam rambles off, and I decide there is no way i'm getting out of this date. I look at Harry who is still focused on the shape of his grapes, and then to Liam "Yeah sounds good. See you then." Liam smiles and turns walking out of the cafe as the bell rings signaling it's time for music class.

.

Harry is strumming his guitar to the song "You're still the one" by Shania Twain, Meanwhile I'm doodling little stars and hearts in the margin of my notebook. Harry is getting to be really great at the guitar. This is the only song he knows how to play at the moment but he has mastered it for sure.

He strums the last chord, and I press my index finger into his dimple. "Harry, You're getting so good. One day you will be playing Madison Square Garden!" He smiles, and tugs at my curl "Let's not go crazy Em. I just like to play for fun." I roll my eyes at how humble he is.

Sometimes Harry likes to downplay how good he is at everything. Guitar, Baking, Being the best friend ever, kissing...

No Emily. Don't go there right now. My thoughts of his lips crashing into mine vanish when the bell rings, and Harry stands "Have fun with Liam Em, Give me a call later. I'll be at the bakery with my mum until six or seven." He asks, and I push myself off the floor and nod.

.

Liam is outside my English class just like he said when I walk out the door. "Ready for some tea?" He asks. I actually wanted coffee. Should I tell him that? I mean it's in the same shop. It's not like we have to go somewhere different. "I was actually thinking I might get one of those pumpkin lattes Harry and I like." he nods. "Oh yeah! I'm more of a tea drinker myself. But get whatever you want."

.

The walk to the coffee shop is short, but just long enough that my nose feels like it's going to freeze off any second, and I'm sure it's a bright shade of pink from the frigid weather today. Liam doesn't seem phased by the cold air. He reaches for my hand halfway to the shop, and I let him, catching him smile out of the corner of my eye.

We arrive and when we walk in I instantly feel the heat off all of the warm light fixtures. I shrug of my coat, Liam takes it putting it on the coat rack for me along with his. We order. Him peppermint tea, Me an extra cream, and whipped cream pumpkin latte just the way Harry and I like.

We wait for our warm drinks at the counter, Liam's hand still hasn't left mine. Which I wish would because my hands are getting awfully sweaty. Reading my mind he let's go and I wipe my clammy hands on my skinny jeans.

The drinks are made, We each grab our beverage and turn to find a table. I catch a familiar mop of longs chocolate curls, and emerald green eyes in the distance.

Harry.

.