Best Friend .

Harry .

I'm about to walk through the ancient, rickety door of  coffee palace, when I see Em's hand in Liam's. Mum was saying how tired she was at the bakery, so I insisted I pick us up a coffee, really I just wanted to spy on Em and Liam. I'm regretting that now. I can't stand seeing her hand in someone else's.

I walk in, trying not to turn back around and walk out the door when Liam drops her hand from his, and they both reach for there drinks. I smile slightly at the insane amount of whipped cream on Em's drink.I wave, and so does Em. Liam doesn't seem to notice me until Em speaks."Harry! What are you doing here?" She sounds curious, like she is trying to solve a murder mystery. She's adorable.   

"Mum needed her caffeine." I laugh, and Em nods as if she is imagining my mum saying those exact words. Liam smirks at me instead of just saying an actual hello, and puts his hand back in hers, making my blood boil. "Um Harry, do you want to join us?" Em asks sweetly at the same time Liam speaks, trying to pull Em away from me. "Well it was nice to see you mate." What's his problem. I wasn't going to say yes anyway. I can't stand the thought of him touching, or kissing her anymore today. 

Maybe I should stay just to screw with him. 

I shake my head to decline "No thanks. I've got to get back soon anyways." Em frowns, but nods saying she will call me later. I smile, and walk to the register, ordering my mum and I's coffee. I try not to look back at Em, but I have no control when it comes to her, so I do.

Big mistake.

Liam is tracing circles in her palm with his finger, and looking at her with dark eyes. I sigh, taking the coffee from the barista, and kicking the door open with my boot, bumping into a street post. Or not a street post. A girl from class I dated last year. She told me if I didn't stop hanging out with that 'frizzy haired girl' than I could forget about having her. I pretty much told her to go screw herself.

"Harry! Hey, how are you? I don't see you around.." She seems to forget our last conversation, touching my bicep. I cringe. "Yeah guess we just have different schedules. Gotta get going. Bye." I lie, knowing I've done everything I can do dodge her in the hallways. She yells at my back as I walk. "Maybe I can come over sometime?" I turn around, watching her twist her dark hair around her finger.

"Thanks, but no thanks." I reply, walking down the street. I don't want anyone, but Em. There is just one problem.

She's my best friend.

Emily .

Liam is tracing circles on my palm, and I feel like this should be a calming gesture, but it's just not working to calm me. I pretend to sneeze to get my hand back. Liam doesn't care though because he takes it right back when I remove my hands from my nose, and then speaks. "Is it just me, or are you and Harry always hanging out together?" He asks, and my face heats. I take my hand back, and set it in my lap under the table, before speaking.

"Well he's my best friend. Why wouldn't we hang out together." I try my best not to sound like a bitch, but it only gets worse when I see Harry outside the coffee shop talking to some girl who has her hands all over his arms. Who is she? I look away when I hear Liam respond. "Sorry Emily. I just meant um. Well I don't know what I meant. I didn't mean to upset you." He looks down at his cup of tea, frowning.

I feel bad for snapping at him and take one of his hands in mine. His hands aren't as big as Harry's. "It's fine, It's just Harry is always going to be in my life is all." He nods letting me know he understands. I look out the window to find Harry's face again, but it's gone.

After our drinks have gone cold Liam asks if he can walk me home and I accept. I've decided to truly give Liam a chance. I can't just let Harry run my mind. I know he isn't trying to, but I feel as if I have no control over my feelings ever since our kiss. Not to mention he was just outside an hour ago letting some girl feel up his arms. I have to get over him. He's my best friend, always will be. Just not more than that. I will try my very hardest to be content with just that. I will date Liam and Harry will date pretty girls that aren't me, And I will be happy for him because that is what best friends do.

.