Harry .

Emily .

I'm popping clueless into my vhs player when Harry finally stumbles into my room. I wonder what him and my mom were talking about. My mom has loved Harry since the day we had our first sleepover. She also has a knack for calling him cute as a button. Sometimes it's like she thinks i'm unaware of how pretty Harry is to look at. 

Newsflash mom. I know, and it's killing me.

I push my feelings to a little space in my mind specifically made for Harry, and hold up the clam shell case for clueless. "Look what we picked!" I giggle a little, and Harry winks at me. I'm guessing he remembers our little promise from lunch. "Fantastic." He glides over to where Liam sits in front of my bed on the carpet, and sits. He leaves just enough room for me in the middle of them.

This won't be awkward at all.

Just as I'm about to sit down in between my best friend, and my I think boyfriend? Boy i'm dating? Liam, I get caught in a trance of Harry who is rolling the sleeves up of his tight black tee shirt, before closing his eyes as he pushes his chocolate curls back. Harry lightly kicks my leg with his boot, and I break from the trance. "You alright Em?" He asks, and I answer quickly. "Yeah! Do you need anything before the movie starts?" I look from Liam to Harry who stands up, and tugs on my curl as he speaks. "I have to use the loo. I will grab the sweets when I get back." I nod, sliding down next to Liam.

.

When Harry gets back he has three bags of candy corn in his hands, and he hands me one. I poke his dimple as a thank you, and then feel a bit awkward doing that while Liam is here, so I offer him a bag as well. "Oh no thanks. Not really into sweets much." Not into sweets? Harry looks at me with the same shocked face as I have on, and then I shrug, pressing play.

.

The movie is over. It's the first time I've watched all of clueless in years. I usually fall fast asleep on Harry's shoulder, but I figured that wouldn't be such a good idea tonight. It wasn't to awkward. Harry and Liam both laughed just as much as I did, and Liam didn't seem to mind Harry and I constantly eating candy corn, and cookies, but now we are all just sitting in silence. Do we go to bed now? 

"Um i'm going to go get you guys some sheets from the linen closet." I say, standing and turning my t.v off. They both nod, and I smile, walking to the hallway.

I grab two clean white pillows, and two of my old pink and purple printed comforters. I start to walk back to my room when I hear my mom's voice. I hope I didn't wake her. "Emily? You okay?" I gesture to the pillows and blankets in my hand "Yep! Just getting something for Liam and Harry to sleep with." she smiles, and nods walking back to her bedroom.

I return to my room bedding in hand. Liam smiles and walks toward me. "I'm going to go put on my pajamas and go on to the living room. I'm exhausted." Pajamas? This throws me. Harry usually sleeps in his day clothes. Liam wears pajamas? I nod anyway, and he kisses my cheek before leaving the room.

Harry stops in front of me and tugs at a curl. My heart flutters. "Night Em. See you in the morning bright and early for another candy corn creation." I poke both of his dimples this time "I can't think of anything better! Night Harry." He smiles and walks out the door of my bedroom.

.

Hours have passed. I can't sleep. Each time my eyes fall shut they dream of a mop of chocolate brown curls, emerald orbs, and a set of dimples just waiting to be poked. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up with Liam when my heart belongs to someone else.

It will always be Harry.

I decide to go to the restroom, and splash my face with some cold water, but when I get to the hallway I notice cracks of light shining from the door. It's probably my mom, so I wait outside the door while my hands play with the hem of my bath robe.

The door opens, and there he is. 

My best friend.

.