Epilogue

Nicolas huffed, scavenging through the piles of papers on his desk. His heart raced, hearing the alarm go off every second that passed by, "Where is it? Where is it?"

"Mr. Anderson!" his assistant called, walking into his office. She grinned reassuringly at her boss that was freaking out in front of her cocoa-brown eyes. She pushed her dirty blond hair behind her ear when he sighed heavily, "I know. I'm looking for it!" he shouted. His assistant chuckled, walking towards him and gripping onto the files against her chest, "Don't worry about it, Mr. Anderson. However, Mrs. Venn is in real need of you for this meeting." 

Nicolas stopped rumbling into the papers and frowned, nodding as he turned around," Understood. I'll be on my way."

The assistant smiled, nodding at him, and handed him the files she held, "Here's the information you had asked me to get. Good luck with your meeting." 

Nicolas gave her a soft smile, watching her exit the office. He sighed, leaning against the desk and staring at the file that he held. His heart calmed down a bit, feeling irritated that he couldn't find what he was looking for. His hand raised to his watch, stopping it from ringing, "Okay," he uttered, pushing himself to start walking out of his office.

 The CEO of Web Baze. Who would have thought it'd be more frustrating without your father being around all the time? Especially when you are co-CEO. It sounds like a job that'll be half as hard as being the only CEO, but it's really not. Considering the original CEO of the company is now working overseas, Nicolas is in charge of running things in the building he worked in. He inhaled deeply, walking out of his office and towards the elevator down the hall. 

"Nicolas!" a familiar voice sounded. Nicolas's lips curved into a smile, walking into the elevator, and turning around, seeing the only person that can ever make him grin like a high school boy, "Evening, Ochoa." 

Serene entered the elevator with him, huffing as he looked over his own files, "I have your papers to hand over to the President of the company we are meeting. Would you want me to read them over?"

Nicolas snickered, looking at the elevators close in front of them, "Seven, why do you keep acting like you're my assistant?" he asked, looking down at his partner, "You're a chief operating officer now." 

Serene furrowed his eyebrows, shaking his head as he gazed back onto the papers he went over,"Which is basically the same thing. It just has a better name."

"Oh? How is it the same thing? I mean, you're not having to go pick up my coffee anymore, right?" 

"Well, let's see-" he let out a deep sigh, looking up at the silver doors open in front of them, "As the COO of Web Baze, my duty is to make your job easier. Yeah, okay- I don't go and fetch your lunch anymore, but instead, I have to oversee day-to-day operations and keep you apprised of significant events. I have to create operations strategies and policies. Communicate those strategies and policies as well. I have to oversee manage human resource management and-"

"Okay, Ochoa!" Nicolas interrupted, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the elevator, "Look on the bright side! You don't have to fetch my lunch!" Nicolas grinned at him, walking down the empty hallway. Serene rolled his eyes, walking behind the co-CEO. 

Yes, it was a lot of trouble now. Web Baze was a big company after all. Serene was thankful for the job promotion. More money was paid to him and he was also able to work to his full potential. However, what he enjoyed more about his job is that he was required to work alongside Nicolas; his second in command. 

It's been a year since Nicolas avoided marriage with someone he didn't like. He hasn't talked to his dad, which wasn't a problem for him. In fact, he can finally say that he was happy with his life now. He's working a good job with his boyfriend. He doesn't have to worry about doing things that affected his personal life for the company. And he thanked his friends for it. Marcel told him and Serene guided him. Now, they're on their way to a meeting with a company that is big in Japan. Nicolas wouldn't have thought of getting this big. Working with his father, he wouldn't have thought of living the life he wanted. 

But now, he's here. 

Nicolas let go of Serene's wrist, stopping in front of a room where the meeting was held in. He inhaled deeply, easing the tension inside of him. Seven chuckled, nudging him a bit, "Don't worry," he whispered, grabbing the files that Nicolas gripped, "It's just a normal meeting, Nick." 

"Yeah, I know. I'm just- I don't know. I'm nervous." Nicolas clenched his hands into a fist, feeling his palms begin to sweat. Seven tilted his head, raising his hand to the male's cheek, calming him down a bit, "Don't worry about it," he reassured, "If you mess up in there, I'll be there to fix it." 

Nicolas's stomach turned, seeing the reassuring smile from the slim male. Serene gripped the files in one of his hands, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a tie. The tie that Joseph had given Serene, "Here." he handed it to Nicolas whose eyes widened, "I was looking for this." 

"I know," the COO responded, seeing Nicolas gaze at it in awe, "Maybe you should remember to pack your whole outfit next time." Serene teased, leaning into the CEO and leaving a small kiss on the male's pale lips.

It wasn't a surprise either. Nicolas has the tie that was given to Seven. In fact, Nick didn't want the tie because it was his father's gift, but because it was Serenes. It was Serene's tie. Though, it has been asked by many people in the Web Baze building why Nick never wore it. Nicolas didn't wear a tie. 

He used it as comfort. 

Serene's tie brought him warmth and courage. 

A reminder that he is able to do things on his own. 

"You ready?" Serene muttered, seeing Nicolas tug the tie into his pocket. 

Nicolas grinned, his cheeks fading into a deep red as he stared into the emerald eyes of the slim male, "Ready."